« Religion and Philosophy Forum

Paranormal experiences

Personally, I've never had one myself, or one were I can confirm a 100%, but what has been an experience ya'll have had before, and do people believe you? Or why do you think it simply isn't real.

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by rozii

posted

In Ireland, there's patches of land called fairy rings that have bushes/trees/vegetation growing in a circle. You're not really supposed to go near them, and you're definitely not supposed to damage them in any way.
When I was little I believed fairies were real, and in a field beside a forest I lived near to there was a fairy ring. I remember being told that if there's little/no wind in the air but a leaf/plant is moving around it's a fairy trap. I saw it happen and started freaking out because I thought I was going to be kidnapped by the fairies and brought underground (there's a lot of Irish folklore about fairies kidnapping children and replacing them with changelings).

I'm 17 now and I don't worry about being kidnapped by fairies, but I still don't go near fairy rings. lol.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by rozii

posted

In Ireland, there's patches of land called fairy rings that have bushes/trees/vegetation growing in a circle. You're not really supposed to go near them, and you're definitely not supposed to damage them in any way.
When I was little I believed fairies were real, and in a field beside a forest I lived near to there was a fairy ring. I remember being told that if there's little/no wind in the air but a leaf/plant is moving around it's a fairy trap. I saw it happen and started freaking out because I thought I was going to be kidnapped by the fairies and brought underground (there's a lot of Irish folklore about fairies kidnapping children and replacing them with changelings).

I'm 17 now and I don't worry about being kidnapped by fairies, but I still don't go near fairy rings. lol.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by qnr

posted

Personally i havent encountered any spirits or the like, but my grandfather said he saw an apparition of a woman while he was on a walk in the middle of the night.
Because of that i believe that my village has or had a spirit wandering about.

Permalink Report Reply