« Religion and Philosophy Forum

There is a question that confuses me.

Something's on my mind, I don't even expect you to agree with me, I'll just say it up front.

In Greek mythology, you give an apple to the other person and if the other person bites the apple, it is considered that they have accepted your love. There was such a method of declaration of love without resorting to words. We see in the Bible that Eve gives the apple to Adam and when Adam bites the apple it is considered a sin. Especially for someone like Jesus, I don't think people were very convinced at that time that Jesus' mother gave birth to Jesus from God. Maybe the reason why biting the apple has changed so much in meaning is a personal interpretation of Jesus. Because a male and a female bit an apple (more accurately, it is not called an apple, it is actually a fruit we don't know) and it is considered a sin, just like a sin committed as a result of bringing a child into the world. especially after that they were thrown into the world. In the Quran, there is still Adam, but his wife is not called Eve, they directly call her Adam's wife. I don't approach religions from a sacred perspective, like cats don't step on holy books. I interpret it more like what it was trying to say when it was written at this time. That's why it's normal that my perspective on things may be different from yours. Also, I am not trying to defend anything, I do not believe in any religion, I am not someone who would impose any ideology on someone.

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by theheadmasterritual

posted
updated

this isn't exactly related but I think it's interesting that the generic "fruit" has evolved into an apple, like we thought of the most normal everyday fruit and picked that one. it could've been an orange or a banana or a mango, but overtime it became an apple

Permalink Report Reply