« Life Forum

Mid 20s Crisis

Posted by e

posted

Forum: Life

currently 24 and that mid 20s crisis has really hit hard this summer. the feeling of being behind many of my same aged peers in life, love, and success doesn't seem to be going away and i often feel like an overgrown teenager. for others in their mid 20s, how's the crisis going for you? and for others who've gotten past their mid 20s crisis, what tips and tricks really helped in overcoming this feeling? any advice is appreciated!

Report Topic

1 Reply

im turning 25 in about a month. feelings come and go about feeling insufficient among other things. when you compare yourself to other people, its going to be a coin toss--you either feel like theyre doing better than you or worse. but really there are a lot of things to consider there, social status stuff like jobs and wealth and other areas like travel and how many friends ppl have. we dont all get the same opportunities in life, and we dont all start from the same place. thats why you dont know what could happen to you in the future, for better or for worse.Β 

mid 20s defiantly has felt like i need to be well put together but also that its expected that im still inexperienced in a lot of things personally. also that im expected to make a lot of decisions on my life like where im thinking of moving to and things like that. maybe just focus on what goals you genuinely want for yourself, and not just goals that other people want for you. it might not even be helpful to think, where do i want to be x years from now? or what do i wish i had by this age? maybe instead just focus on, what can i work towards now that i think will improve my life in a way i want? like what do you really want right now? though thats not easy to answer either

ive actually accomplished a lot more than i ever thought i could in the past year or two, although when i think back to when i was a kid, i figured id be in a situation similar to this at times, other times i figured id be worse or that things would be different. but im sure theres a lot you can be proud of regardless, and the rest is just something to work on, which is basically how life goes, trying to achieve different goals every day, even if theyre small.

Permalink Report Reply