« SpaceHey Forum

The "Cool New People" section really sucks

Posted by SoyLuciano

posted

Forum: SpaceHey

Hello!

So well, during my first week on SpaceHey, I was suddenly met with random friend requests, and accept them after checking their profiles, and later blocked most of those random "friends".

As it turns out, this site has a section on the home page, titled "Check out those newbies- sorry, I mean, "Cool New People". The downside is that with that section, strangers could easily send friend requests to new users, who probably had no idea.

If any SpaceHey developer is seeing this, I think it would be nice to just remove that section, in order to reduce those random friend requests from online strangers. Heck, I suffered from the same thing on VidLii, although in that case I reject friend requests after checking profiles.

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by bunny

posted

getting random friend requests is the least bad thing about the cool new people section. some people exploit it to show a bunch of people gore.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Gluma

posted

To be fair, that section likely exists to encourage sending friend requests to new people and therefore potentially encouraging site activity or something. Though, the reality is like you said unfortunately u_u people rarely ever read profiles

I do also think it should be removed (or...have the option to remove it, at least) but mostly due to what the first reply said :p

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Pòm

posted

I agree that there should be an option to hide that section if the user desires.

And I also think that before An cranks out any other features that people have been requesting for recreational purposes that proper security measures, guidelines, and moderators be set in place first:

Quite a few bad apples have crept in and are harassing people and/or repeatedly recreating accounts with the greatest of ease because this site currently isn't fortified in the security department.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by PanicClinic

posted

That and seeing NSFW pfps, just got flashed by Goku's taint in it  

Permalink Report Reply