ive always liked furry artwork everyone i follow on twt and stuff is a furry
bt idk yk?? i never accepted the label cz theres so much shit attached to it
i js like cartoonish animals :B

Report Topic

8 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Deafcake

posted

eh I don't really accept the label too, and why should anyone care, just enjoy what makes you happy. (unless if its actively hurting other people) but yeah. Like I've been a furry for like what 4 years now and I'm just living the life. The thought of me being a furry doesnt even come to mind, cause not alot of furries really make being a furry their whole personality. It's just a hobby that people enjoy, and hey, if there are people who are acting like jackasses cause you enjoy something they don't like, then fuck em.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by ☆ FELIX FATAL ☆

posted

i honestly relate

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Megurou Nakane

posted

I relate tbh, I have the same feelings on calling myself an "otaku" or smth, despite japanese animation is what I consume like 90% of the time, it's the people who's around those labels that put me away from them.

Permalink Report Reply

I dont rlly 'call' myself a furry cause 

1. Im not out :\

2. Its not like my whole personality so it doesnt rlly come up

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by aster

posted

i think that's fine!! there are a lot of ppl that would be considered furries (even ones with suits!) that prefer not to label themselves as a furry, and that's fine. don't feel like you need to call yourself one, even if you enjoy the things that would be identified as something a furry would do/enjoy. we literally live on a floating rock in space, do what you want (as long as you're not hurting yourself or others) 

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Bucky Seifert

posted

You can love anthromorphic art and furry characters without really being a furry yourself, especially if you aren't comfortable with the label. You could call yourself furry adjacent, perhaps! I can understand also the baggage that the label feels like it comes with, the fandom does have a reputation, even if it's not really a fair one.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by MACARIO

posted

Yeah, I feel the same way.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Aeon

posted

Super on board with that. Honestly fursuits kreep me out no offence. I just love the concept of animal folk. :)

Permalink Report Reply