« General Forum

LEAST favorite horror media tropes?

Posted by abandonware

posted

Forum: General

what it says on the tin -- what are overused plotlines that make your eyes roll out of your skull, villain motives that you hate, gore that's got you bored, or tropes you're overall sick of in any horror media? doesn't matter if it's movies, telly, or written works

i guess ill start with something that that irks me to no end -- masked slashers with absolutely no new spin on the idea that end up being revealed as a ghost of a dead child or as a member of the friendly party that was the bad guy the entire time

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by micah

posted

when a little kid befriends a demon or some ghost and they arent scared and ask no questions

if i was a kid and saw a demon, i would shit my pants

Report Reply

Reply by Nos Tak

posted

off screen death scenes

i mean i get it because making a whole scene like that costs money but sometimes a film's deaths are only through "oh my gawd we found the body!!" which can be interesting in some cases but CMONNN

i really dont mind it though

Report Reply

Reply by R4tp3lter

posted

I know this is used in a lot of horror media but when college kids go out to party and then omg! They get killed! It's too lazy and predictable imo

Report Reply

Reply by John Bombadil

posted

Most of the whole slasher theme in general. One guy that just kills a bunch of people just because (most of the time), it was fun at first but now it its just about how graphic or creative the kills are, nothing's new about it nowadays.

Report Reply

Reply by ⊹ ࣪ ˖ elizabeth

posted

slasher movies and child ghosts, it was cool in the beginning but nowadays with majority of modern movies being either one or the others it's... lazy atp

Report Reply