« Music Forum

current mid 2000s jams? (2004-2006)

Posted by e

posted
updated

Forum: Music

I've been on a current nostalgia kick and have been really into music from when I was younger (specifically around 2004-2006) what songs from that time is everyone really into? for me, it's been a lot of nelly furtado stuff from her loose album, especially maneater and the classic promiscuous. I've also been digging brandy's afrodisiac album a ton too (as you can see from my page). 

for the spirit of summer, sean paul's temperature has been on a constant loop. definitely reminds me of childhood cookouts and running around outside. would love to hear everyone's else's current jams and I'm open to recs too! 

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by mia

posted

If we're talking great albums from around that time, I'd definitely put a suggestion in for Madvillainy by madlib and MF DOOM, but if we're talking popular music from that time then Dizzee Rascal was quite big over here in the UK around the mid-late 2000s. Remember hearing his music everywhere. Even got to see him live in 2012 lol he was great I'm still bumpin Boy In Da Corner to this day man. 

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by e

posted

thanks, i'll be sure to check them out! i forget how different the UK music landscape was compared to the US one.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Techn0

posted
updated

Not going to give you what you already know, since I can tell you have experience. Def check out this channel: https://www.youtube.com/@UnreleasedUnderratedRnBgrooves

They got lots of underground 2000s r&b I think you'll like em ;)

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by e

posted

haha i appreciate the acknowledgement in "experience"! watching 106&Park with older siblings really did its job. i took a look at the channel and a lot of it really is new uncharted territory. i didn't even know Jhene Aiko had unreleased music stemming back to 2004! Many thanks for the link!

Permalink Report Reply