« Back to the divination & magick Forum

general opinions

these are just some opinions i have that i feel like are generally agreed upon but if someone disagrees then i would love to talk about it. i love learning and opening my eyes to new perspectives. anyways, 

1. no one should practice hoodoo or voodoo or any sort of native american spirituality unless you specifically get initiated in by someone who practices hoodoo, voodoo, or native american spirituality. 

2. if ur gonna use sage, at least buy it from an authentic native american seller. the white woman that owns a witchcraft shop is not the best place to get it unless they specifically emphasize they wholesale bought it from a native american seller. 

3. witchcraft and modern books are such a slippery slope. dont read books that integrate hoodoo and voodoo practices into their witchcraft or any other religion (most notably hinduism or buddhism) unless they specifically say they are initiated and intensely follow any of those religions. 

4. witchcraft is meant to be YOUR journey. if you dont feel connected or don't really believe in the idea of religion then just simply be a witch. if you dont like tarot or have a connection to it then try runes or any other type of divination. if you dont like astrology then don't worry about it. at least read up on the moon and the sun and the energies they bring, but if you don't connect with zodiacs then dont force yourself just because everyone talks about it. books and other people are meant to give you guidelines and you should listen, but at the end of the day so long as you're being ethical and mindful, listen to your intuition and do what makes you happy. 

5. if you're black or hispanic or any other type of minority then try to find other witches that are also minorities. while witchcraft is your own journey, the journey that white people have will be different if you're a minority. 

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by hidden jane

posted

These r great takes !

Permalink Report Reply