« SpaceHey Forum

Why isn’t my fucking loading screen working

Posted by Lilay ✓⃝

posted

Forum: SpaceHey

I’m using imgbb on html thumbnail linked with a gif, too embarrassed to show (autism lmao) but I put the link and it’s not doing anything (I’m using the code to put the link in to make loading screens) please what am I doing wrong and how to make it work??? 

Report Topic

7 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Lilay ✓⃝

posted
updated

Also I apologize for my French (my swearing) I’m just really stressed out and there’s not much helpful shit (did it again lol sorry :P)

Report Reply

Reply by Gluma

posted

maybe it’s because I just woke up but I don’t think I understand what the first part of your post means (“html thumbnail linked with a gif”) so my apologies if I’m missing something here

Anyway, since I don’t use loading screens, I’ve been using this loading screen code to test stuff out. Dunno if it’s different or the same from your code, which is why I’m linking to it just in case. You can change the code’s current image by replacing the background-image’s URL link with some other direct image URL of your choice. I have never used ImgBB but there should be an option to copy the image’s direct URL. After that, it should appear. At least, that’s how it was for me :o

Report Reply

Reply by Lilay ✓⃝

posted

Awesome thanks, what I mean by the HTML thing is that it’s on imgbb but I don’t know where to put my video hosting to make it work. I guess imgbb doesn’t work so I need a new thing to make it work, new site. But I don’t wanna make the vid hosting public so idk where to find a site

Report Reply

Reply by Gluma

posted

I personally use PostImages for any images and gifs I used :o you don't have to make an account on that site if you don't want to. When uploading, you don't have the option to make an image public or private (if you're doing it w/o an account, dunno about if you have one) but since you can't search for any images there without the link to it, I'm gonna assume private is the default

Though, I really feel like it should work with ImgBB just fine, too. You mentioned "video hosting" so, unless you accidently used the wrong word or something, is what you're linking to a video...? Because if so, the code isn't gonna work :o it has to be an image/gif link.

I can't really think of any other issue here without seeing the code itself, so I'll also suggest trying a different image/gif on ImgBB and seeing if that one works in the code, just so you can possibly pinpoint the exact problem (if it works, the issue is probably with the specific image you're trying to link, which is...odd :o if it doesn't work, the issue could be user error OR ImgBB truly does suck for whatever reason lmao maybe the site's having a bad day today)

Report Reply

Reply by Lilay ✓⃝

posted

Awesome, thank you so much really. I’ll test it out! 

Report Reply

Reply by Lilay ✓⃝

posted

Ok so I just tested it out and it works now!!! Thank you so much! Have a wonderful day :D 

Report Reply

Reply by Gluma

posted

No problem! Same for you, too ^^

Report Reply