« General Forum

♥ i miss old youtube videos

you know when someone would just sit down in front of a camera and talk? no editing, no fancy stuff, just complete raw unedited footage. 

i love listening to videos like these while i do my own thing. it just feels so real. it's also nice to be able to listen to a stranger just...talk and be themselves. 

i was watching some youtube shorts last night and got so BOTHERED. everything is so staged. oh sure, you CONVENIENTLY have a camera here, here, and there...and catch everything perfectly? idk

and sure, i get it, good videos = money and that's what so many people are doing nowadays.

but between that and ads being shoved down our throats im so sick and tired of what its become. i still remmeber youtube when you could have a custom background, profile comments, and even bulletines (or boards i think they were called? idk i was about 10 for that)

but yeah...i really do miss it...

Report Topic

9 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by The Dancing Poet

posted
updated

Usually when something good comes out it gets overly commercialized later.

Just like music genres when they first come out are pretty authentic.

Then after awhile it gets exploited and taken advantage of.

Example, mainstream jazz is nowhere near to that authentic style and sound real jazz had when it first came out.

Lets be real.

Being a YouTuber is an art form.

And when it comes to comic books tv shows movies video games cartoons and things alike people tend to forget about the art form as time progresses.

These different media outlets that I just mentioned aren't as good as they use to be.

What happened to creativity now a days.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by ₊ ໋ ˖ princess anzu ˖ ໋ ₊

posted

yeah i feel that a lot too.. part of me still wonders if its just because im getting older and gaslighting myself, and feel i must sound "welll back in MY day!"

like...music and movies are subjective. i still listen to songs like classical music, and 'relatively recent' stuff from the 20s up til now. even i watch old movies. many of these old things are good, but some are bad. just like with modern stuff only it's so rare to find genuinely "good" things, to me, these days... it's a lot more saturated with junk than things i can look at and go wow this blew my mind

i guess what im saying is yeah , i miss the authenticity. now every video on youtube is to make money or get famous and i GET that but it just stinks :(

Permalink Report Reply

posted

I suggest you try these video hosting websites.

Rumble.com

3speak.com

Playeur.com

They are young sites and not as well known as YouTube.

Maybe you can find something good if you look hard enough.

Vimeo is more for indie movie type stuff.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by JossArtie

posted

videos now are made by content creators, back then they were made by just people

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by kablooey_81

posted

i remember when it used to be random stuff like this

Jigsaw falls - YouTube

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Suzettey

posted

The algorithm sometimes serves me new videos with very little views and sometimes something good shows up. I gotta start making a playlist of newer YouTube videos that give off old YouTube vibes.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by uncannyCharlie

posted

I miss youtubes old algorithm, its gotten so lazy now i cant even watch it hardly cause it always recommends the same shit, youtube used to be fun

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by ₊ ໋ ˖ princess anzu ˖ ໋ ₊

posted

Agreed with everything said... :(

Permalink Report Reply

posted

Remember you are not controlled by the algorithm.

You can still type in whatever you want.

Permalink Report Reply