« General Forum

Food during depression

Posted by gillie

posted

Forum: General

Eating sweets during depression the worst combination you can think of, my skin is the worst and i cannot stand the dryness of my face and the acne i am dealing with.

I need tips, tips that will help me during this difficult time in my life. my parents know about it. 

and i am seeking treatment however , the deep thoughts still lingers.

I just want to get better... 

just anything... 

something that will let me breathe.. in and out.. 

i'm a outpatient right till further notice for behavioral issues.

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by Hope Jones

posted

for me, when i'm depressed (i am bipolar so it comes in waves), i try to keep healthy, easy to access snacks in the house. i tend to either go into starve or binge mode depending on the type of stress i'm dealing w so having packs of fruits, dried meats (or mushroom alt), nuts, and veggies i can just grab and eat help me with both of those things since they require minimal effort and won't make me feel like trash if i eat a lot. for on the go stuff i make sure i have stuff like protein or granola bars that i keep in my bag/car so that way i always have something with me in case i start to feel crappy (cuz i definitely never eat breakfast even when i'm not depressed lol.) having a nice big water bottle also helps me keep hydrated throughout the day!!! i got a big 64oz one from target for like $5 and i always keep it in the fridge since i'm picky about my water. 

my favorite easy meal when i've got the big sads is i'll get some pre-made chicken like a rotisserie chicken and some salad kits and boom, no effort healthy meal. 

i hope you get out of this funk <3 

Report Reply