« Goals, Plans, Hopes Forum

Unobtainable dreams

Posted by Jezabel

posted
updated

Forum: Goals, Plans, Hopes

View Jezabel's Topics

View Profile

So, for some reasons or others, we all have dreams and goals that feel unobtainable. It can be super hard to face that or let them go. For me, it is my dream of being a therapist for those who could not otherwise afford care. I am disabled and cannot go back to school, succeed in school, or hold a job. So this is way out of my reach. However, it is still my dream and it will always have a special place in my heart. Do y'all have any dreams that feel unobtainable but you can't let go?

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Cesar

posted

I think you should go for it! We only live once so why not! 

Report Reply

Reply by Macky

posted
updated

When i was younger i wanted to become a musician. In particular i wanted to make alt rock but my incompetence at playing musical instruments and my own self worth at playing was so low I gave it up. I dont regret it tbh. Ive learned to make more realistic goals.

Rn my main goal is to get my degree, certifications, and work experience in the IT field so I can move to Australia or any other country. Mainly Australia because I love my partner UwU but ive always wanted to live abroad. I feel like this isnt unobtainable but it will be very difficult but it feels impossible.

Never give up!

Report Reply

Reply by candymika

posted

Game geometry dash is a dash game to help you relieve stress and relax, play geometry dash online for free here: geometry dash

Report Reply

Reply by Eamon the Elite™

posted

Don't think I'll ever be able to win a major pinball tournament. I am mediocre at best and the same 10 or so people all finish at the tops of these events. I'm also not sure if I want it bad enough.

Report Reply

Reply by Sol (he/ they)

posted

You complete 100% of the goals that you don't set!

Report Reply

Reply by Hailey

posted

Starting to believe that I'll never find a boyfriend/SO. I'm almost done with college and I've yet to get the little amount of men I've liked to stick with me for more than 2 dates, and more often than not I don't get any dates. I'm basically a bro and/or sister to the guys I do end up talking to, and they end up going for a more conventionally attractive version of me (aka looks JUST like me but taller). I'm honestly starting to get a complex about it, and I am starting to understand why shorter men feel insecure about their height/dating.

I have a sister who has a bf and we're really close in age so it makes me feel really insecure about myself. I'm starting to think that I need to consider resorting to more drastic measures like cosmetic surgery or even moving to another country for the sake of getting any kind of love life. 
I'm not fat, am petite and am well-rounded with a decent amount of male-dominated hobbies, which you would think would make my situation easier, but it truly doesn't help me at all. It honestly almost makes it worse. 
I'm truly at a loss because I've been told by my loved ones that I am likable/interesting, so maybe it's just bad luck.. :(( It's embarrassing and I want to start lying to others about fake boyfriends I've had for the sake of fitting in and not looking like a loser.

Report Reply