« Web, HTML, Tech Forum

Dont use the app NoSpace

https://nypost.com/2024/04/23/lifestyle/gen-z-recreates-myspace-as-nospace-theres-a-380k-person-waitlist/

I found this NYpost article about this app basicly saying it was the gen z version of MySpace.

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

>380k person wait list

>purely a phone app and no mention of a web browser app

I understand trying to modernize older tech, but somehow NoSpace looks soulless.

Just from looking at the few screenshots they have on their app store listing, it looks like they have very little customization settings for the profile (especially since there's very little you can even show on a phone screen).

One big issue I have with phone apps (which is why I never use them), is that they always have ads that are annoying to sit through, try to push you to buy a subscription or their in-app points, or secretly sell your data to data-brokers.ย 

Whether it ends up becoming a "good" app or not, I won't be using it. ยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ simple as

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Gluma

posted

honestly, I might use it just to see what it's like lol

Like what the first reply said, there's not a lot of customization options from the looks of it :/ I searched up more images just in case the examples the article used were just outliers but...it's just changing the colors of the background, section boxes, and the text :/// so, I don't think I'll be a big fan of it, anyway

The article stresses a lot on the app's concept of "returning back to the old internet" so now I'm just REALLY curious on if that's gonna hold true when the app is out, lmao. Considering it'll be on the app store and may or may not be published by a company, watch the app be filled with ads and/or a lot of censorship.ย 

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Osakafan420

posted

man i hate the ui it sucks

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Tauraum

posted

Gonna go ahead and add on to this. There is going to be a HUGE number of people migrating to SpaceHey fully because one of the developers (or something idk) said that. Well, Iโ€™ll just copy and paste the post here:

โ€œย at noplace we allow free speech, no hate speech, which means we welcome Palestinian supporters and Zionist supporters and EVERYONE in between

we are not biasing towards one side or the other.

we investigate every report and take the appropriate action based on our moderation system, such as banning posts asking for money or instigating hate, violence, etcโ€

I do believe @GRUFF has more information on this matter.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Nicholas (music on prof๐ŸŽง)

posted

This is like the worst attempt i've ever seen at trying to recreate old internet wtf. . .

Permalink Report Reply