« Back to the Reclaiming the Internet Forum

Browser extension that removes Youtube clickbait!

https://github.com/ajayyy/DeArrow

someone showed me this cool browser extension that basically removes clickbait thumbnails and titles from youtube. it generally works well imo--if you truly hate modern youtube, i'd definitley recommend it--but it takes a bit of a scorched earth approach, even after tinkering with the settings a bit. songs titles that aren't properly capitalized for stylization purposes have their titles changed, for example. minor issue (and you can toggle custom titles/thumbnails on and off with the click of a button, so it's not even that big of a deal)

here's a before and after, when it works as intended:

usually, a title + thumbnail combo like the top one makes me hit "not interested"/"don't recommend channel ever again" so fast, personally. maybe i'll quickly skim the description/comments to even see wtf the video's talking about if i'm super curious. i hate when titles and thumbnails are purposefully vague...

meanwhile, the bottom one is more straightforward imo, which i'll always prefer, personally. maybe you could argue it's more boring, but at least i know what specifically the video is about from a glance.

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by DingKosh

posted

This is so sick, thanks for sharing!

Report Reply

Reply by XtremeCringeWarning

posted

Thanks to you I no longer have to witness poorly made clickbait smp thumbnails

now if only I know how to use extensions

Report Reply