« Games Forum

Anyone have favorite DS or Wii games/recommendations?

Posted by ✨Domino✨

posted

Forum: Games

Hello! I have been getting huge into late 00's Nintendo gaming just after playing a lot of GCN/GBA stuff! And I have fallen in love with my old Nintendo DS Lite again!

That being said does anybody here have any favorite games you'd like to talk about or share any memories about? ^^

I will also take recommendations because I want to grow my DS/Wii library! But currently I am playing more DS stuff!

Definitely my favorite DS game has to be either Scribblenauts or Super Mario 64 DS! I have a lot of liked games too like Starfy or Sonic Rush :D
And my favorite Wii game is definitely Super Mario Galaxy! Smash bros Brawl comes in at a close second :)

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Jared/Peter

posted

For Wii, If you like horror games, I highly recommend Silent Hill Shattered Memories. I will note that game requires a quick look at a website like does the dog die cause it can get heavy, and its not exactly that scary, but the story and atmosphere alone make it so worth it

I also like Monster Rancher on DS! Its a fun Pokemon like game thats very unique, doesn't get the love it deserves and I'll always take a chance to mention it

Report Reply

Reply by Niko

posted
updated

I know a fun DS game for ya

Super Princess Peach

It's basically a mario game but opposite day

Report Reply

Reply by Jammer439y8

posted

For the Wii, I would recommend Mario Strikers Charged, an interesting take on a Mario sports game atmospherically and tonally. Character animations are in my opinion the funniest in any Mario sports game period, and the game also as a significant skill ceiling. It is a really fun time and I would greatly suggest you check it out.

For the DS, I recommend a little known rhythm game called Elite Beat Agents, if you have heard of osu, you will be delighted to know that this game (alongside two Japan exclusive releases) is where the gameplay originated from. I can't think of much else to say about it other than, look into it if it looks interesting.

I would also recommend WarioWare Touched and WarioWare Smooth Moves simply out of gushing over the games. I would recommend Rhythm Heaven and Rhythm Heaven Fever for the same reason, but from what I hear the prices for those games have gone significantly up over the past few years, but if you can get your hands on them at a reasonable price, get them, they are amazing rhythm games.

Report Reply

Reply by ⊹₊𖦹 OliviaMeower 𖦹₊⊹

posted

Wii:

• My Sims Kingdom
  • No More Heroes
  • Twilight Princess
  • Elebits
  • Trauma Center
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Super Paper Mario
  • Okami
  • Silent Hill Shattered Memories

DS: 

• Time Hollow
  • Hotel Dusk
  • Any of the Ace Attorney games 
  • Elite Beat Agents
  • My Sims
  • Pokemon Soul Silver/ Black and White
  • Zero Escape 999
  • Magician's Quest
  • Trace Memory
  • Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
  • Professor Layton and the Curious Village
  • The World Ends With You
  • Trauma Center

These are just off the top of my head since I'm at work and don't have my DS case with me, but these are all very near and dear to my heart. As you can see I have a preference for story driven puzzle games (⁠๑⁠•⁠﹏⁠•⁠) But I hope you find something you like in here! 

Report Reply

Reply by RUE, RAMONA

posted
updated

I don't have much to say regarding the Wii, I didn't play mine tons and eventually it got given away. But regarding the DS...

Really, you can't go wrong with the DS Pokèmon titles. That'd be Gen IV and Gen V, which includes DPP, the GS remakes, BW, and B2W2. I personally recommend the Gold & Silver remakes, HeartGold's a personal favorite of mine.

Admittedly, Pokèmon is kind of the obvious choice. Everyone knows Pokèmon. It's Pokèmon. It's probably safe to assume you might want something not quite as obvious.

Have you ever played Ghost Trick? I mean, it's also on Switch, but I found the original DS game to be perfectly serviceable considering that, well, my Switch doesn't even work.

I've also heard quite a lot about the Drawn to Life series, though I've still yet to play it. It's on my backlog. Once I finish my HeartGold replay, I'll get to it.

If you really want something people sleep on, there's The World Ends With You. Though, I can't seem to get it running on my 3DS for some reason. It always bugs out during the title cutscene. But I've heard it's really good! OKAY IT SUDDENLY STARTED WORKING FOR SOME REASON THIS IS GONNA RULE

Also, the Pokèmon Ranger series. Loved that as a kid.

Report Reply

Reply by ✨Domino✨

posted

Thank you everyone for the suggestions!! I have read and continue to read any future replies to this forum thread!

To generally reply to suggestions: I have heard of The World Ends With You and I really do want it in my collection at some point! It looks fun :D (Same with Ace Attorney!)

And also for Pokémon games, I have played Diamond on my DSi a few years ago and loved it a lot! Unfortunately it was added to my system via modding so I don’t own a physical copy of any DS Pokémon game at all but I will definitely get myself repro carts of Platinum and B&W! (Repro carts because the retro market for these authentic games is so broken and unbalanced) Oh and I have also played a very tiny bit of Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time, though that was a long time ago when I was in like 2nd grade, so I’ll have to replay that one as well :>

And for both Wii and DS I would love to get Rhythm Heaven and Wario Ware for them! They look incredibly fun and I’ve played a bit of RH for DS through an emulator and enjoyed it!

Also for underrated games I have that people might or have suggested already: I own both Drawn to Life games for the DS and it’s a series I love a lot! I also plan to buy Sonic Colors for the DS and Wii. (I’ve played Ultimate already but I want the original) 

I know both systems have a very extensive library (especially DS) so thank you again for the suggestions and I will hunt for these games! 

Report Reply