« Back to the Reclaiming the Internet Forum

List of Youtube alternatives

I seen people that are just not intreasted in modern youtube anymore (me being captain obvious) but i decided to show some youtube alternatives or old youtube revivals that might be intreasting to you based on the experience i have.

1. Bitview: its basically the love child of old youtube revivals, starting around 2017 and becoming in par with vidlii nowdays, i joined the site last year back when it had the 2009 layout, nowdays it has the 2010 layout, but its fun! the only complaint i have is so many ads popping up, not video ads, but ads that appear on the site in general. So you unless you have an ad-blocker, this will become a serious issue, but other then that, they have a really good moderation has far as i could tell and the people in the site is generally more fun.

2. Kamtape: This used to be a 2005 revival site, before it updated to a 2006 layout (minus the video player, i don't know why) even if i joined the site a couple weeks ago and having a abysmally low userbase (based on the views), i actually loved it! especially when it messed with the date and subtract the year by 18. i even started a kamtape channel there where i become the sega nerd (since the AVGN is not that present).

if you have any alternatives to tell me i would like to see.

Report Topic

7 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Carboniferous

posted

Google Video

Report Reply

Reply by JXcXT

posted

Reply by Shepherd

posted

in a similar vein there are also alternative front ends to youtube like invidious or poketube

Report Reply

Reply by Shepherd

posted

in a similar vein there are also alternative front ends to youtube like invidious or poketube

Report Reply

Reply by HxCELESTE

posted

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanx for telling me abt KAMTAPE.............going to vlog there now X3

Report Reply

This is pretty cool! I ran into BitView before but thought it was just a UI alternative to modern YouTube. Definitely going to do some cool stuff on there :) Thanks!

Report Reply

Reply by XtremeCringeWarning

posted

There’s also Soptube where you can anonymously comment and upload vids (basically a love child between yt and 4chan)

It’s pretty cool aside from the fact that it takes rlly long to load and the discussion board thing is full of bots (also some buttons and stuff don’t work but some does if you spam click it enough times)

Report Reply