« Back to the Reclaiming the Internet Forum

Does Anyone Else Still Use Winamp?

Such a fun program with awesome skins   >:p

Report Topic

11 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by jojo

posted

there is a thing called webamp where you can put winamp in the browser.

Report Reply

Reply by FILTER

posted

while not necesarily winamp, i use audacious daily (which is basically winamp but on linux)

Report Reply

Reply by Virtual Insanity

posted

It really whips the llama's ass!

I've moved away from using Windows, but I have fond memories of Winamp with the Milkdrop plug-in.  Before leaving Windows behind I tended to use foobar2000 more, but I would still use Winamp on the odd occasion.  I had a bit of a collection of skins, not all of them were all that great!

Report Reply

posted

Yup, I use Audacious too, but I use the GTK skin so mine doesn't look like Winamp.

Report Reply

posted

OMG, the brief moment of joy and excitement while trying out Webamp and I was able to pause it by pressing the "c" key like in the good old days!  Yas!

Report Reply

Reply by virtualperversion

posted

omg i didn't even know there was a web version! i'll check it out! :D

Report Reply

posted

Unfortunately it doesn't play stream URLs, just files.  Pretty cool none the less.  And it has the most important plug-in for Winamp; Milkdrop!

Report Reply

Reply by teig

posted

I use AIMP now, and it's okay...I definitely think Winamp had a better organization or workflow to it. AIMP is kinda confusing, but maybe I'm getting old lol

Report Reply

Reply by termina

posted

I love winamp, the skins are beautiful

fallout amp

Report Reply

Reply by EnderCatCore

posted

i use WACUP! i couldnt find an og download but from what ive heard its just a modded updated for modern os' winamp with some extra features(?) all the old themes work for it also which is cool!

its been nice to just let it go on shuffle in the background lol

Report Reply

Reply by Zero

posted

i only use windows media player, but i think i'll give winamp a try if i can find a website to get it from

Report Reply