« Games Forum

Nintendo console modding

Posted by KariKinsun427

posted

Forum: Games

I know this is all I talk about but I love it!

The nintendo online servers for the Wii u and 3DS have closed!

I wanted to see if anyone else has the same intrest in 3ds and wii u modding as I do! Or personal experiences with Nintendo and their consoles 

I grew up with the 3Ds so I hold it close to my heart! I'm very happy there are dedicated community's to modding nintendo consoles

If you HAVE a 3Ds and an SD card, I'd recommend modding it!

There's a service called pretendo that is working to make their own nintebdo servers and be a replacement to nintendo online which Is awesome if you ask me lmao

Anyways does any1 else have any experiences with 3Ds and Wii u modding? If you do I'd like to hear :D

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by swaghaver

posted

i also grew up with the 3ds!! i've modded my own 3ds and it's so fun being able to use it without limitations. i like having such a large variety of themes and with music from whatever too, i used to only have like. the default, the one sonic one that was free, and the one that came with my copy of pokemon super mystery dungeon (that's the one i always used). and also playing all the games i never experienced and also on the go. i experienced the first five ace attorney games just entirely at school during homeroom or lunch n whatever. and mmm the emulators,,, lowkey got me wishing i had an n3ds for the extra homebrew features (and that psx emulation) but i'm still happy with what my ancient beast that cannot die can do :3

i never had a wii u but i do have a wii and i also have it modded but i don't have as much homebrew shenanigans on it as i do the 3ds. installing a custom theme lowkey scares me bc you have the possibility of bricking the wii if you mess up D: i also used to have a flash drive to load games on but i used it for somethin else and accidentally bricked it (whoops lol) so now i'm constrained to games i own until i get a new one. i'll get one eventually so i can play the most abhorrent wii games when i have friends over

Report Reply