earthbound is no psychological horror but the last part of it is fucks you up

Report Reply

Reply by cole ★

posted

earthbound is no psychological horror but the last part of it is fucks you up

Report Reply

Reply by Gluma

posted

Since someone mentioned Earthbound, an RPG with psychological horror elements I'd suggest is Omori! It’s a game that focuses a lot on story so if you’re into that, I definitely recommend! The game isn’t 100% psychological horror as there are some light parts to it but a very good portion of the game does involve horror (pretty sure it’s tagged as such in the Steam tags anyway lol)

Doki Doki Literature Club is another psychological horror game. It’s pretty popular so I wouldn’t be surprised if you already heard of it and/or played it lol. Though, if you haven’t, the game is a dating simulator where you join a literature club and, obviously, romance the girls there. It’s normal until it isn’t, basically. There’s some build-up in the game as the game is supposed to be played by an unsuspecting player (though, like I said, the game’s pretty popular so pretty much everyone knows it’s a horror game at least lol) but if you’re fine with reading some typical-dating-sim dialogue, it’ll be fine!

Report Reply

Reply by overcomplexification

posted
updated

SOMA, this game was in my mind for weeks after finishing it.

Report Reply

Reply by Syikos

posted

Alice Madness Returns!!! It's cool and creepy :D

Report Reply

Reply by Roscoe the Sloth

posted

I recently played a game called TELEFORUM. It's got roguelike elements to it, where you can have a totally different run than I did. If you play it, let me know which ending you got! I'm thinking of replaying it myself. The atmosphere, though it's mostly still images, had my hairs standing on-end!

Report Reply

Reply by ⊹₊𖦹 OliviaMeower 𖦹₊⊹

posted

Umineko: When They Cry!!!

Not the anime, the visual novel. It's really long though, so if you're not into that stuff I get it (⁠•⁠ ⁠▽⁠ ⁠•⁠;⁠)

Report Reply

posted

Not the anime, the visual novel. It's really long though, so if you're not into that stuff I get it (⁠•⁠ ⁠▽⁠ ⁠•⁠;⁠)

Report Reply

posted

Report Reply

Reply by Emil

posted

Try out Cry of Fear. It DOES have a combat-lead gameplay, but the game also messes with you a lot.

Eternal Darkness is good, if you can emulate it.

Report Reply