« Art and Photography Forum

AI "art" rant

Hello. I am Senshi, a fellow artist from Hungary and I got enough.

AI ART RANT

I am assuming you already know what artifical intelligence is, and also what the deal with it is. So, let's start this off with the definition of art, quoted from Wikipedia.

"Art is a diverse range of human activity and its resulting product that involves creative or imaginative talent generally expressive of technical proficiency, beauty, emotional power, or conceptual ideas."

So to cut it short, AI art is not art. If you only use AI to make art, you're not an artist. If you want to be a real artist, grab a pencil or a microphone, and make some effort like the rest of us does. Or... man, just do something else! 

The next problem is the following: people don't care! 

Drawing, acting, music, writing, and god, even coding... all of these are people's carreers! They're our lives! AI is basically taking what we've been doing our whole life, and using it for its own good without our permission. Take voice acting for example: the producers make samples out of your voice, you get paid once, and goodbye, they don't need you anymore! Where's the fun in there? Is it even acting if it's an emotionless computer doing it?

We're going to live in a fake world! In a simulation; and it's not even a joke anymore...

And people don't care about that! They don't care about your carreer, the point of your life, they just want the finished product, not the work or person behind it. 

If everything is going to be done by robots, what's going to be the point of our existence? When will we ever feel like we had a productive, fullfilling day? Like we did something... ya know.. like a human does!? Are we going to go in VR and make love with robot people in a room while a tube is filling us with nutrition and have the life span of like, 20 years because we don't move from our bed???????????????

WHAT CAN WE DO?

Spread the word! Say NO to AI "art"!

Spotted AI "art"? The post is misleading people? Perhabs people are believing the picture is real? Report it, but don't give it attention! Modern social medias' algorithms will make the post grow if you comment on it!

Don't buy from AI "artists!" Just pay an actual artist, or ask an artist friend, and if you don't want to, well, that's that! You don't deserve art then...!!! 

HOW TO SPOT AI "ART"?

There's a lot of things that can give it away! Like inconsistency in details (zoom in if it's suspicious!), things that just don't make sense, and the most easy give away if a character on a picture has distorted hands! (like more fingers than it should have, mistakes even artists wouldn't make because it just doesn't make sense etc.)

GOOD NEWS... I GUESS

Even if AI took our job, there will still be a lot of people who take original traditional art as something with value! And think about it, can AI paint a giant painting on a building? Can it decorate a well? Can it make furniture out of cardboard? Right now, not really...! We'd still have a lot of opportunities for a long time for a productive art related hobby, even if AI took our job! 

LAST WORDS

And now, for my fellow drawers...

Post your art in the comments, and support each other!

Here are some of my pieces: 

G'day! Stay creative!

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by Colocho

posted

Overthrow congress 

Report Reply