« Music Forum

Beach/Surf Goth

Posted by cordz space :3

posted

Forum: Music

Whats your opinion of the style? Is it even “real” goth? Does it count as a genre? Should it be considered a separate genre from goth? Do you have hot takes?

… and any recs??? 

Talk about your opinions on beach/surf goth!! I want to know!!!

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by ☆☾♱ cat ♱☽☆

posted

ive never heard of beach or surf goth before, but im guessing it would be more upbeat? i guess the fashion would reflect that too? i feel like i need to hear what people say falls under this term to really understand it. 

this just reminds me of the constant back and forth between calling bands like the b52s and the cramps goth and not goth... well, everyone can agree the b52s arent, probably, but goths seem to love them lollol, i guess goth is whatever you make it in that case ^^

Report Reply

Reply by Jakob, ᴄʀᴀᴄᴋᴇʀ ᴛᴀʟᴋɪɴɢ ꜱʜɪᴛ

posted
updated

Oh buddy

Like a third of the songs on this album. See: 7.) Goth Girls, 10.) California Goths, 11.) Summer Goth, 12.) Beach Goth 14.) Surf Goth

Their first album is similar in every way lol. They're more surf and heavy on the lo-fi but you get the idea. Beyond them I'd recommend The High Curbs, specifically these two EPs. Want is a personal favorite among them.

sure, call it a genre. It doesn't matter to me whether it fits into "goth" or not 

Report Reply

Reply by wavvves

posted

great after a few dozen bowls

Report Reply

Reply by Localbaboon

posted
updated

one of my favorite bands the growlers falls under beach goth as far as i know i love their first album are you in or out? its one of my favorites and their most popular album chinese fountain is also great and they've really nailed the sound though i do like the first album more 

Report Reply