« Helping each other Forum

how to start out w/ skateboarding?

Posted by wyll

posted

Forum: Helping each other

so i want to start skating, i have a skateboard but i have no idea where to start. i can mount and ride just fine but i can't do any cool tricks on it yet.

if anyone has any idea where i can get the right wheels, or find the right tips in order to get better at it, PLEASE let me know.

just tell me anything. i'll do some googling along with it but just don't hold back lol

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by lily ★

posted

online you can find heaps of tutorials for any tricks. you can practice these alone then head out to the local skatepark to make friends and watch and learn

Report Reply

Reply by Koha

posted

Can you do an ollie?

Report Reply

Reply by Sick Sad Obsession

posted

Start with learning how to ollie first. This is one of the easiest tricks and once you know how to do that you will be able to do some more tricks like a kickflip or pop shuv it. What kind of board do you have? If you got it from somewhere like Walmart or Traget you might want to think about getting a legit board if you really want to learn how to skate. Boards from Walmart or Target are cheap and the wheels, bearings and trucks are usually shit. If you want to get better wheels or trucks find a local skateshop and go get it from them, they should be able to answer any questions you have about gear! Also going to the skatepark will help you progress, as you will meet other skaters who can help you.

This channel has helped me a lot: https://www.youtube.com/@SkateParkLessons/videos

Report Reply

Reply by 🦇 Clover 🦇

posted

my best advice is don't get a tiny board!!! get a board that you can get a good stance on, I sprained my ankle horribly my using a skateboard that was too small and lightweight for me (it was for kids i think, and it was plastic).

other than that, there are some really good skating teachers who upload tutorial videos to youtube (sorry I don't have anything specific for you, since I only do inline these days)

Report Reply