« Music Forum

alternative artists in your "second/third world country" motherland

Posted by adacalypse

posted

Forum: Music

i'd like to discover some alternative artists outside of USA/Britain etc. I know how it feels to know some great artists from your country who are underrated worldwide, it's really frustrating. Here are some of my favorites from my country:

Hayko Cepkin: When it comes to Turkish music, I usually find the combination of oriental-mixed-with-western cringe but Hayko does a great job for me. ALSO, HIS FACIAL EXPRESSIONS AND STAGE PRESENCE!!! Check his performance Paranoya with An Epic Symphony, you'll get the story of the song without even understanding the lyrics.

Cemiyette Pişiyorum: Technically this group is considered as Turkish punk, and it's one of the most popular ones. However, this band doesn't sound "punk" to me, just like other popular "Turkish punk" bands. It has a distinct vibe. Maybe they took inspiration from a western punk band that I haven't heard of, but idk. I usually listen to their "Düşersem Hatırla" album. 

Kumadam (Nugo Sebil): His music has a dark but ethereal vibe, which is rare from what I've seen -at least in Turkey-.

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by MICA!! XD

posted

bomb at track!

Report Reply