« Back to the Reclaiming the Internet Forum

bringing back the 00s

i see everyone talking on here about how we can bring back the 00s and early 10s and i relate alot with all of this. i want to bring back this old form of the internet, the world of today is corrupt with long exposure to the internet, minimalist ideals and just society as a whole. we have to bring it all back, the world would be so much of a better place without our phones that can do everything and the extreme hate. the comeback of myspace is just the begining of all of this, i really belive we can transform at least a good chunk of people and help them remeber what life was like before we all went chronically online. if anyone wants to add to this or discuss how we can achieve this please reply to this and start conversation. i know alot of people probally think we cant do it, but i truely belive that we can go back and just go back to that happier time. the world is so sad and corrupt by the internet now, we have to do something about it, spread the word and stand up for the old internet. 

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Linda the Cat Lady

posted

I agree. This is why I'm on Spacehey.  The old MySpace is no more.  It should have been left alone and not changed a couple of times over to what it is now.  

I never liked Facebook.  I went there because that's where my friends were going as MySpace slowly died.  There is no privacy there what so ever.  The algorithms collect our information.  The more I'm off Facebook and other social media the happier I am.  

Report Reply

Reply by Zime

posted

I Agree

The 2000s were dope. I still use some stuff from that time •^•

Report Reply

Reply by Carboniferous

posted

I really do hope that the old internet makes a comeback one day, but it really is an uphill battle :(

Report Reply

Reply by _x3m0_

posted

It may be an uphill battle but really, never give up. We are a minority but we can be loud, as long as we just don't give into the crowd

Report Reply