« Games Forum

what are you guys' dream game ideas?

Posted by Clingojam

posted
updated

Forum: Games

if you've ever thought to yourself "man it'd be cool if there was a video game like this", then you're not alone lol.

i've had a few ideas bouncing around in my head over the years (a new on-foot racing game in the same vein as Sonic R, for example) but i'm curious as to what y'all are thinking about!

thanks for reading !!

Report Topic

7 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Gray

posted

I think I would like an open world game that mainly focuses on being open world. No story to drag me around but rather you learn the story and lore of the world from exploring, interacting with characters, and questing. I want a glorified walking simulator pretty much. Guess I could say I want a game like Oldschool Runescape and Kenshi but with more to do and like real time combat rather than point and click controls.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Clingojam

posted

oooh nice!! i could see a game focused on immersion and natural world-building like that being really fun to get into. i feel it might be tough to make the act of "completing" the story feel satisfying in that case but perhaps simply getting to the end wouldn't be the goal...

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Black Market Stray Cat

posted

two of my dream games already came to life with a new Jet Set Radio and a new Sorcery Saga having been announced (three if you count Sonic x Shadow Generations as a potential sequel to Shadow the Hedgehog, but i'm, uh...cautiously optimistic about that one, to put it very lightly)

but that aside, one game idea i really want is just an rpg that reuses The World Ends with You's original battle system, where you essentially control two party members simultaneously in real time (potentially with different input methods for either character, but i'm not sure how possible that is with most modern hardware). i don't even think it'd be that difficult to pull off on something that isn't the DS, i thought the 2 player mode in the switch version would've been ideal with a bit of refinement, so it irritates me that nobody's tried it. this also applies to Chain of Memories on the GBA.

there's this one imageboard i use where someone proposed the idea of an open world game where you play as a magical girl, having the option of going to school or doing normal girl things around town and/or finding enemies causing havoc on the map and transforming to fight them, and i thought that sounded fun.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Clingojam

posted

glad to see another SEGA fan round here! yeah, i will admit that the
shadow portion of sonic x shadow gens looks... a little troublesome
(gotta love that DELICIOUS forces level design, if you catch my drift)

TWEwY's
dual character control scheme seems really intriguing to me, even as
someone who hasn't played the game; i'd love to see something similar on
modern consoles (maybe with gyro controls instead of touch? idk)

also an open-world game where you get to muck around as various crazy creatures and explore undercover while still attending class every day sounds really funny lol

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Zapp's Bar & Grill

posted
updated

My dream idea is a shooter/platform that can easily switch between 1st and 3rd person gameplay, movement itself being a good mix of both and not changing when switching cameras

The main world acting alot like zelda hubworlds, an open-world city, with linear dungeons type areas feeling more like boomer-shooter levels

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Clingojam

posted

oh that sounds sick!! i'd imagine it'd be a Duke Nukem 3D-type situation, but with some Metroid elements slipped in like proper platforming controls to complement the shooting; stuff like that. Kinda like Metroid Prime, but with the ability to swap in and out of first person for better running while you're gunning...

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by NeoCryptic

posted

A game where you can fly around as a dragon that isn't ass. I've been disappointed by so many dragon games at this point. I just wanna breathe fire on people and fly around being majestic and stuff. There was a free dragon game on steam that I downloaded that came close to what I've been looking for, but alas it ran at ass frames per second and was not really fun or interesting other than the ability to customize your dragon overtime. 

Maybe one day I will have the dragon game I ferally desire, but until then I'll just play Skyrim or something lol. 

Permalink Report Reply