« Web, HTML, Tech Forum

(HELP) changing or getting rid of Interests titles

i want to get rid of the titles or change the titles of the interests section (I don't watch television, or read, or have a hero) and I don't know how, I don't see any code for it on the layouts, but I know its possible since I've seen people without interest names

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Gluma

posted
updated

Here’s the code:

<style>

<tr><td>

<p>Section Title Here</p>

</td><td>

<p>Whatever you want here</p>

</td></tr>

</style>

Bolded portions can be changed to whatever you like (I put the <p> tag as bolded since you don’t necessarily need them if you’re not writing a paragraph in the section. For example, I use bullets in my new sections so I don’t use the <p> tag, if that makes sense). For example, here’s the code for if you wanna make a section focused only on games:

<style>

<tr><td>

<p>Video Games</p>

</td><td>

<p>I love playing Minecraft and Pokemon!</p>

</td></tr>

</style>

You can put this code in any of the sections and it’ll work, but where the new section ends up depends on where you put the code. If you put the code in the General section, the new section will be under General. If you put it in Heroes, it’ll be under Heroes.

Here’s the code for getting rid of an interest:

<style>

table tr:nth-of-type(Insert number here) { display: none !important;}

</style>

You see, each Interests section is labeled a number from 1-6 (General = 1, Music = 2, Movies = 3, etc.). If you wanted to get rid of Movies, you’d put 3 inside the parenthesis. On the topic of adding sections, however, any added sections will jumble up the numbers. You can just use trial-and-error with all numbers to eventually hide the section you want OR you can preview your profile normally and count down from each section (Notice how General = 1? Well, any section below General will be 2 so if your new section is under General, that means that section is now 2). The numbers can be more than 6, if you added more sections

I talked about deleting and adding sections but you can, in fact, rename sections but the code that everyone uses just...doesn’t work for me and for some other people as well. Everyone uses this code but I can’t really talk much about it since it literally never shows my changes to anyone except for me lol (I’d suggest logging out and looking at your profile from there to see if the code works)

Confession: I copy-and-pasted this answer to another forum post since this question is pretty popular lol so my apologies if I suddenly spout out random stuff

Report Reply

Reply by Pub/PubCutz ⚧

posted

If yu haven't figured it out yet, I have a tutorial for how to change it linked in my recent blog post

Its an easier coding set-up than the one the person above commented! /genuine

Yu should be able to just stick it at the end of your existing code like I did. The labels you chose won't show up on mobile though fyi! :3

Report Reply