« News and Politics Forum

I HATE THE GOVERNMENT AND I HATE CAPITALISM (bait post)

This subforum is a horrible idea, but since we're here, I'm going to shout things I agree with to see how many people tell me off.

I LOVE ANARCHY! DEATH TO CAPITALISM! POWER TO THE PEOPLE! NO MORE STATES, NO MORE GOVERNMENT! NO GODS, NO MASTERS! RESTORATIVE JUSTICE OVER PRISONS! ALL COPS ARE BASTARDS, INCLUDING THE ONE IN YOUR HEAD! FUCK PRIVATE HEALTH, FUCK LANDLORDS, FUCK TAXES! TREAT PEOPLE LIKE DECENT FUCKING PEOPLE! TO BE CRINGE IS TO BE FREE!

Yeah. What the fuck is a normal online conversation

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Barflybelfry

posted

I'm a punk, but I think anarchy is step too far. We need a government, but we should apply pressure to ensure that government works for US. It's not constructive to rip everything apart if you don't have an idea of how it should be rearranged.

Report Reply

Reply by Kate Tolace

posted

That's fair, actually! I wasn't expecting a genuine reply under the post titled (bait post), but since you did...

In most systems of anarchy, people DO have an idea on how to rearrange the system. A state of anarchy would not have no rules, after all! We have rules in society that aren't in the law, something most people follow. I believe that would still apply without government, maybe even more than before! Plus, without capitalism as well, there would be less crime if there WERE laws. No need to steal if you don't need to buy, no need to be rash and desperate if you have the same opportunities as everyone else.

Is it severely optimistic? The answer is yes, very! But I don't believe it's impossible to obtain, and it should be the goal we strive for in the future. There HAS to be a system that benefits everyone in the end!

Report Reply

that's definitely pretty cringe, in the future I'd not lead with admitting it's a bait post. surprising sometimes are the replies you'll get. The best part about anarchism is that a stateless society forms naturally in virtually all conditions. You think about how rules are enforced in society today outside of ostracism, which we primarily reserve for social ills and taboos. what about the rules regarding theft, violations of other people? if someone attempts to infringe on typical anarchist organizing (direct democracy, mutual aid, that sort of thing), ostracism alone isn't going to cut it. When you construct some sort of apparatus to enforce necessary rules or keep out the riff raff, you are essentially forming a state to do so. When people arrange a set of rules in society they need something to maintain that set of rules, whether it be an arrangement they fully consented to or not. Anarchists in my experience are some of the first to tell you that society needs "men with guns," so to speak.

Report Reply

Reply by Kate Tolace

posted

I... What? I don't know what you're saying, sorry. I literally can't comment if you have a good or bad point, because I don't know what you said lol

Report Reply

I'll make it simpler. Point is that anarchism can't really exist because all proposed anarchist societies are governments or inevitably turn into a government. 

I'm more or less asking how you'd enforce rules in an anarchist society and then answering the question for you lol

Report Reply