« SpaceHey Forum

HELP!!! HOW TO EDIT IN SPACE HEY

Posted by Kimberly

posted
updated

Forum: SpaceHey

OMGGG I am so excited to have a replica of myspace... I used to have such an awesome profile... I cant seem to figure out how to edit any other part of my page expect for the background. I am definitely not a coder and know just the basics and what google has taught me. Does anyone have any useful information on how I can can add to my profile!? thanks!!! xxxooo

Report Topic

19 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by seaweed

posted

hi spacehey!! i'm making an in-depth visual and descriptive easy to understand tutorial on how to make an awesome layout yourself!! you don't need coding experience, but please know I will be updating it, and will be taking requests in the comments for tutorials if I know how to do it bc I am still learning myself. check out my blog posts to see what I have done so far!! thank you!

Report Reply

Reply by はなち

posted

There's a lot of cool codes u can use to customize ur profile here

I got the base for my profile page and edited little bits of the code from there despite having no knowledge of coding html nor css before! All u need are some quick google searches and some understanding of which parts of the code effect what. There are even plenty of html and css code generators online for u to insert images, youtube videos or decorative text to ur page! However I'd suggest copying ur base code and pasting it into a text file just in case. When I first started out editing my page, I accidentally added a piece of code that overwrote everything and wiped my page clean! I was lucky that I had saved my code on a notepad lol

Report Reply

Reply by Zaé

posted

You guys think I would be judged for keeping my profile as plain as possible? Wait... The face that I'm even asking that right now. I'm judging myself.

Report Reply

Reply by SlyCooperReloadCoded

posted
updated

I can't figure out how to edit at all.  I'm on the page where you edit your profile and all that exists are the "About me", "Who I'd like to meet", etc boxes, nowhere to add layout code.  People are telling me "just press the edit button in your profile", but I did and there's still no way to modify layout.  Does your account have to be a certain number of days old before you're granted access to the feature?  Everyone is taking layout editing for granted but I don't even have access to it!  The option literally doesn't exist on my profile.

Here's a screenshot of "the top of my Edit Profile page" which is where people are telling me the option is:

https://imgur.com/a/DVQte2o

Report Reply

Reply by *☆rAtCh3t-RaQu3L☆*

posted
updated

Edit: Yeah, it totally worked. Post in any block when you edit your profile!

Didn't we used to just copy-paste the code in a section we weren't using in our "About Me" blocks and that used to work? I'm gonna try it and see if it works now

Report Reply

Reply by Seddy

posted

To give you an idea as to how long its been for me. I used to make my myspace customs in dream weaver and then copy paste the code over to myspace.. I am on vacation from work next week, so I am gonna be dusting my skills off. This may go horrendously wrong.. or it all might come back to me on the quick..lol

Report Reply

Reply by Rosio Ortiz

posted

To add a Youtube video to your profile.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xxxxxxxxxx?&;amp;;autoplay=1&;loop=1" title="Youtube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope;picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Just replace the xxxxxxxxxxx with the last part of the YouTube link. Copy and Paste to the Music section. (Edit profile)

example:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m9ezpAUvMC8?&;amp;;autoplay=1&;loop=1" title="Youtube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope;picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Report Reply

Reply by Day ❥

posted

To high for this sht

Report Reply

Reply by singsian

posted
updated

it's pretty much HTML and CSS

W3 schools is definitely a big help to begin, I and many others here began customizing and coding with W3. Also as a tip use inspect element to explore the classes where you can use HTML and CSS and mess around with the code of the site. If you input your own values into the inspect element pages btw it is temporary, as it reverts to normal when the site is reloaded. Great for testing and experimenting.

Report Reply

Reply by Amberger With Cheese

posted

This may be a total noob question but it's been so long I forgot how to do it... buuuut, how tf do I add music and photos to my profile? Like, a playable spotify track to my music section, and jpeg photos to my "who I'd like to meet" section? Don't judge me, I'm old and out of practice. Lol 

Report Reply

Reply by BRIZ

posted

I'm literally just starting classes for web development so I'm following this for sure lol. So far this us a good idea. Hoping to help improve once I know what I'm doing.

Report Reply

Reply by Mama2017

posted

I was actually just coming here to figure this out too! I used to know how to put breaks in the codes to add my own things like pics and a music player with my personal playlist on it, etc. I wish I could figure it out again bc I had a really good profile with Myspace.

Report Reply

So I got a youtube vid embedded on my profile but it wont let me embed this from brandnewtube, any thoughts as to why anyone ???

<iframe src="https://brandnewtube.com/embed/OR23YX27FdBQ2tr" frameborder="0" width="700" height="400" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Report Reply

Reply by Seeker

posted

I'm doing a bunch of things with my profile, not using code gens and stuff, it's hard work but i'm learning it as i go.

I'll be making a blog of exactly what i used to edit my profile and over time it'll get cleaned up.

Currently even so, it's expanding quite fast and changing daily at this point.

https://pastebin.com/kxid7jMG

there's a pastebin of what i'm doing

I was up to here just editing, i just need to make a (2) version of that for the 2nd link and so on, this area changes the links section so you can add your own words, i do however need to make the links text or replaced per box even so.

.table-section:last-child .details-table tr td:first-child p, .table-section:last-child .details-table tr td:first-child p a
{
color:transparent !important;
text-shadow: none !important;
letter-spacing: -100px;
}

.table-section:last-child .details-table tr:nth-child(1) td:first-child p::after
{
content: "Tweet this";
    }

Report Reply

Reply by Oklahoma Tomcat

posted

I am having the same problem.  I have found some old myspace codes but they are only working for the background and not changing my whole profile. So I am thinking that the old myspace codes are not working on spacehey. 

Report Reply

Reply by Amy Louise

posted

I'm hoping that in the depths of the internet all the old code and generators are still out there somewhere.

Report Reply

Reply by Alli

posted

theres this guy on youtube, his name is noah. hes kinda a startup channel and his videos are super easy to understand and i know NOTHING about code lol

hes also super nice & helps w questions. hope some of his videos help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5VDi1PcXgE

Report Reply

Reply by An

posted

This blog post should help you get started: https://blog.spacehey.com/entry?id=142

Hope this helps!

Report Reply

Reply by Forrest Friends

posted

I was just getting on here to see if there were any discussions about this....

good luck!<<<

(I could only figure out background and not much else as well)

Report Reply