« Back to the Rat People Forum

I'VE FOUND A GROUP OF MY PEOPLE

Rats are love, rats are life 🐭🐀

I currently have four girls named Maka, Bishki, Mushi, and Giji. Their names are inspired by words from the Ojibwe language. Makade is just dark color, wabishki is white, I don't remember the full words for Mushi and Giji But Mushi is short for the word for sage, and Giji is short for the word for spirit within. I love them all dearly, but I think my favorite one is my oldest, Maka. She's around 2 and 1/2 years or so. She's such a cuddler.

I started with rats about 5 and a 1/2 years ago. My first rat was a girl I named Lucy. Back then I wasn't aware rats are better in groups But I won't make that mistake again.

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by Oznog

posted

Hello!

I'm not sure how active this forum is, as this is the most recent forum post and it is 1mo old. Rats are in fact love and life, I have a duo at the moment. They are biological sisters and are both a grey/brown mix with blotches of white on their tummies <3. They are also both dumbo :)

I named them Lefty and Righty and they are ~2 years old, when I got them they had white cuffs on their wrists on the corresponding sides which is why I named them what I did. Since them the cuffs have faded slightly and been replaced by brown, but they have slight differences in appearance and personality that I use to tell them apart.

Lefty is more rotund than her sister and has more brown fur. 

Righty has more prominent rear legs and a patch of white on her forehead.

They are both the sweetest and love nothing more than the occasional carrot and to cuddle in their hammock :D

Report Reply