« Romance and Relationships Forum

I hate falling in love

I never had a real partner (only short non serious online relationships), I've always been the funny friend of the group, always seeing my friends having a partner. And I tried to just accept it, because it is what it is, I'm not pretty, I'm not smart, I'm not special, I'm just me, and I understand why people don't like me because I don't like me eather.

That's why I hate falling in love, I know I have no change, so I have to wait, and wait, and wait, until I forget I'm in love. But waiting hurts a lot, it makes me feel stupid, it makes me feel useless, it makes me feel lonely.

I hate it so much, but I can't do anything, because I'm gonna be the funny friend forever.

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Epinephrine

posted

It is normal to feel this way at times, but I want to remind you that your perception of yourself does not always reflect reality. Self-criticism can distort your self-image.

It is important to recognize and appreciate your unique qualities. Beauty and intelligence go beyond conventional standards, and we all possess special characteristics. Working on building a more positive self-image can help change that negative perception of yourself.

The process of falling in love and facing uncertainty can be challenging, but it is critical to remember that things can change and evolve. Focusing on personal growth and activities that you enjoy can help you find happiness regardless of your current love situation.

Also, it's important not to constantly compare yourself to others. Everyone has their own time and path in love and relationships. Patience with yourself and self-acceptance are crucial steps in this process.

Report Reply

Reply by ᗪᗩKOTᗩ˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

posted

I feel you.

My entire life I’ve been the DUFF, so it’s always just been me. All my friends getting boyfriends, and my guy friends getting girlfriends. It hurts.

Report Reply

Reply by Jinnicide

posted

You gotta love yourself first, then others will come. It starts with you, you have to do the work. It's not just gonna fall into your lap for no reason with no effort.

Report Reply