« Web, HTML, Tech Forum

Was anybody here actually on MySpace in the 2000s?

I remember bits and pieces about MySpace but it's been forever, like almost 20 years(!!) since I even used it regularly. I tried to find my old profile on there but nothing has turned up. Maybe it's for the best, haha

Good memories though. I'm glad this place exists so I can relive the experience. I always hated how everybody around me switched to Facebook back then, truly was the downfall of the internet looking back

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by vcka

posted
updated

i was on bebo around 2008/9
i signed up for myspace but i preferred bebo

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by rootCompute

posted

I never used Bebo but it seems cool. Looks awfully similar to myspace, what distinguished it from other sites for you?

Something about these ephemeral websites from the 2000s and earlier are fascinating to me. It's cool to see people remembering them all these years later and trying to bring them back in some form

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by starbreaker

posted

I was on MySpace back in the day, but I don't remember what my handle was and I was only there for obscure/unsigned heavy metal bands.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by rootCompute

posted
updated

I can barely remember the music scene of the site, but a cool aspect of social media that seems to get downplayed these days. Thanks for sharing

Permalink Report Reply