« SpaceHey Forum

Windows XP users, how are you using Spacehey?

Posted by noriaki (nure)

posted

Forum: SpaceHey

How? :( I installed Opera on my WinXP vm, but whenever I try to go to Spacehey I get "This site can't provide a secure connection"

I need the full nostalgia experience ;-;

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by vcka

posted

idk but i found this on google

1. Install an SSL Certificate

Installing an SSL certificate is one of the most effective ways to fix the Can’t Provide a Secure Connection error message if you are the website owner. Depending on the web hosting provider, configuring the additional security layer may vary.

At Hostinger, you can install an SSL certificate on hPanel:

Go to the SSL section and click the Install free SSL button.

The SSL certificates menu on hPanel, highlighting the Install free SSL button

Choose a domain and select Install SSL.

The Install SSL Certificate pop-up with the Install SSL button highlighted

Once the website address shows a green check mark and Active status, the SSL is successfully installed. If not, make sure the domain is pointing to Hostinger nameservers.

This method should solve the Can’t Provide a Secure Connection issue on your website.

Report Reply

Reply by suki

posted

is opera even still being updated for XP? you probably need something like supermium

Report Reply

Reply by noriaki (nure)

posted

Mmm the SSL thing sounds a bit like something you'd do if it was your website? Not sure tho :0

I did install Firefox instead which worked like a charm, but idk if it's still updated so I'll try Supermium! ^-^

I picked Opera because it was the top 1 choice on a "Best Browesers for XP in 2020" list... it lied to me ;-;

Report Reply