« Art and Photography Forum

I would like to learn to draw but I don't know if it's good

Hello, I just wanted to say that I would like to draw but I feel insecure doing it since I don't know if it's good. I would like to know your opinion. 

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by shorti ๑˃́ε˂̀๑

posted

go for it! in the beginning it will not be good. that´s the truth. but the good thing is, it will improve!! every master was shit at first, yeah some people get skilled a little bit faster than others but i don´t believe you need to have "talent" to do it...it´s a skill. you have to practice to get good. you have to look at things. copy things. 

not every artist does this, but learning art theory like color theory, perspective, etc. and human (or animal) anatomy DOES benefit you. it is better to learn the rules first (at least get a grasp on it, esp anatomy) and then break it. 

drawing is a wonderful skill and can be therapeutic too!! it´s a great creative outlet. especially if your into any comics, manga, stuff with characters and illustration it´s really cool too. i started learning drawing while watching tv shows as a kid and drawing my own little characters of it. i think you should really start it and you dont need to be embarrassed AT ALL. Good luck! ^__^

Report Reply

Reply by CDwizard

posted

what shorti said above... you wont know if you enjoy something until you try it anyway. drawing is a great hobby and its also an incredibly good way to connect with other people. all art is good regardless of skill too, and id love to see anything you make if you do end up trying it out!

Report Reply

Reply by Jinnicide

posted

You will never get good at it without tons of practice, and it WILL be bad at first. just keep doing it until YOU are impressed.

Report Reply

Reply by Z0MBI3GUTZZX3

posted

thanks for the advices I will strive to improve <3

Report Reply