« Religion and Philosophy Forum

Any other Otherkin here?

Posted by Rem Rex MintRainbow

posted
updated

Forum: Religion and Philosophy

Hi there, yea I am an otherkin! Lots more people these days identify as Fictionkin (identifying with a fictional character to the point you feel like you are or were them, this is just the definiton to me.). I myself am a Elfkin that is a descendent of a dragon so i look more elf than dragon.

Latest for sure is Na'vikin, but if you use the label fictionkin on me I will not be happy. To me, it is possible that a lifeform like the Na'vi exists out there somewhere since the universe is so huge. That is why I refuse to be called Fictionkin.

As I am a spiritual person and I practice magic I like to label myself as a witch, I know not everyone uses that term for themselves but I use for me, it is pretty gender neutral. So far through readings and following my gut I've been able to find my kintypes. I'm not so great at meditation just yet though.

I am a Lokean by the way, a follower of Loki!

If there are any negative replies on here, ignore them, clearly the mods aren't removing them even after I reported

Report Topic

48 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by zamiel

posted

omg hello! I'm a vampire :] It's neat to see fellow otherkin! Actually, I'm an alterhuman so a teeny bit different but still under the umbrella term!

Report Reply

Reply by HornetSwarm

posted

What's an Otherkin? Is it like D&D?

Report Reply

Reply by Rem Rex MintRainbow

posted

Otherkin is not like D&D, it's not a game really. I wanted to reply now but as I am working on college assignments I've been busy lol. Sorry for my lateness! 

It's a soul thing for me, not everyone I've seen takes it seriously really. I take it seriously since I'm on the spiritual side of it as I am a witch and it's part of me. I really prefer calling myself alterhuman since I learned that was another term for it, but for now this is all I can say for explaining it. It's kinda complicated to explain on a time crunch but here's a website with some info called Alt+H that might help explain it better. I can't find where the FAQ was on there but it has the definition of alterhuman on there. I'm still learning about the alterhuman term myself, but as for feeling non-human, that is a for sure thing for me.

https://alt-h.net/

https://forums.therian-guide.com/Thread-Therian-Otherkin-Terms#:~:text=Otherkin%3A%20A%20person%20that%20identifies,for%20otherkin%2C%20therians%20and%20fictiokin.

The second link is to a list of terms and stuff! Hope this helps. ^w^

Report Reply

posted

Hey Zamiel! I read your bio, you're really cool ^-^! I'm also 20 and a transman actually :D! I'm an Eclectice Norse Pagan myself tho o3o.

Report Reply

I'm not officially an Otherkin but I came to peace with my pointy ears by deciding I was descended from Gelflings. And I am drawn to Elfin fictional characters in general, so I can relate to this way of being. For me it's more of grown-up fantasy play in my mind, creative thinking. A way to enjoy many worlds. And as a wise Wizard once said,  "of course it's happening in your head, but why on earth should that mean it isn't real?"  ️Good to meet ya. 

Report Reply

Reply by Ghost

posted

Reply by Nomad

posted

Is this the first step to becoming a furry?

Report Reply

Reply by Hatch

posted

@Nomad Furries are a different group lmao, though lots are both

I'm otherkin. The non-fiction bits include dragonkin, and some Vague identification as Vampire. 

Report Reply

Reply by MythicWolf99

posted

Wolfkin here. Awooo!

Report Reply

Reply by Liminal Collective

posted

I'm a canine cladotherian (although i identify more with wolves ), and fictionkin with my kintypes being the Distortion (the magnus archives ) and Francis Wojciechoski (scp mythos ) ! 

Report Reply

Reply by Ms Myspace

posted

Nice to see more kinfolk on here. I'm an Umbreon and an Irken, the label of fictionkin works for me and I'm comfortable with otherkin and therian as labels too. I'm also a soulbonder which intersects to a small extent 

Report Reply

Reply by Reagan Ridley

posted

I'm kinda more other-hearted and fictionkin. I have a strong connection to cats and aliens, I can even call myself nyaliengender as a result. I can feel like other animals too. Due to my rising confidence and anger, I'm starting to develop a tiger kin to that normal cat kin. Like if I scout things out with my eyes, I can feel like an owl. If I see something shiny, I'm a crow. Really it's a wide-range, but mostly cat/alien.

And my strongest fictionkin so far is Reagan Ridley from Inside Job, already liked her enough to set my PFP and username to her, makes me feel at peace. It's like I'm her, but I'm not, like I'm her but I'm still me. Always had connections to characters such as feeling like my past has come to haunt me when it happened to BoJack, but this is my first official kin.

Report Reply

Reply by Echo

posted

Heyo! I'm otherkin, fictionkin, and a c'linker. I'm a western dragon, a demon, and a nixie (shapeshifing water spirit). My fictotype is Kipo, from Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeast, and my 'linktypes are a black kitten and a red fox kit. It's so good to see other 'kin on here! ^^

Report Reply

Reply by STINGRAY

posted

HAII OTHERKIN HERE !!! ^_^ I HAV MANY, MANY KINTYPEZ.!! MAI "MAIN" KINTYPE IZ ZOMBIE & MAI "MAIN" THERIOTYPE IZ A LUDENHUND PUPPY !!!! :3c

Report Reply

Reply by Edward

posted

Yeahan Im a fuckingfavgotkin

Report Reply

Reply by Kyle

posted

i've always felt connected to werewolves but not really to the point of kin

Report Reply

Reply by 🌊🌺Axol!!🌈🏝️

posted

greetings from a dragonkin!

Report Reply

Reply by PAINTBOARD CO.

posted

hello!! im a zombiekin!! i found out very recently... but if anyone perhaps..... wants to be friends.........<33

Report Reply

Reply by ViLXDRYAD

posted

hello! and good day!  im a dragonkin!

Report Reply

Reply by Sol

posted

Hello! I'm Undyne from Undertale!

Report Reply

Reply by Mr Vince Whiskerz!!!!

posted

i'm a vincent afton (blueycapsules*) synpath. wondering if i may be a kin? idk, it was an odd realization for me to come to given the circumstances (long heckin story man). i also really identify with catgenders (mainly in terms of aesthetics). its so cool to see otherkin/fictionkin just...out there on the internet. because having discovered it relatively recently (like maybe a year ago), it still seems so out of the ordinary, but i'm happy to encounter others like me!!

*note, i mentioned blueycapsules by name for an important reason. i do *not* mean early fanon william afton. HUGE difference there. if anyone hasn't read blueycapsules (fnaf fan comic) he's his brother. even tho in source he loves his brother, i do not. he's awful.

Report Reply

Reply by Jessica Snow

posted

I'm not otherkin at all... but I still want to understand it more.

Like, I have questions, but I honestly don't want them to come off as rude so I guess I'm scared to ask.

Report Reply

Reply by scenemo.mess666

posted

posted

Hey Mylo, sorry I haven't been really active on here much but if there isnt an Otherkin/Alterhuman group you should make one! Id join ofc

Report Reply

Reply by Ghoul

posted

chronically online

Report Reply

Reply by Stanley

posted

i am a fictionkin but otherkins are so cool bro, i'd love to learn more about you guys

Report Reply

Reply by lunarAureola

posted
updated

Yoo! There are otherkin folks here too :O

My first ever kintype I found (which was looooong time ago) about, was angelkin! Sooo uh yeah I'm an angel, but not the Christian one.

The next thing I found about myself was pretty recently - I'm also a skunkkin and a Vriska fictionkin 

Also, also I'm a Pagan too :D! (West Slavic and Ptolemaic Pagan to be exact)

Report Reply

Reply by odo'ital

posted

OH SHIT OTHERKIN THREAD OTHERKIN THREAD HELLO

I'm a Changeling (the Star Trek kind not the fae kind), among other things, but that's the main thing and the one I'm willing to share. 100% with OP on not liking fictionkin as a label-- goddamnit, my experiences are real and I've had them since long before I ever watched DS9.

Report Reply

Reply by Vergil

posted

I’m a siberian tiger and dragon-aligned devil! Great to see there’s a lot of otherkin on this site already

Report Reply

Reply by allthedrugsforcreativity

posted

Bengal Tiger-kin here :D

Report Reply

Reply by DaydreamCollective

posted

hey ! im a gray wolf :D glad to see other therians/otherkin here ! 

Report Reply

Reply by alex

posted

Hi! I'm bearkin! 🐻

Report Reply

Reply by leafy

posted

HAII I'M A FICTIONKIN, PLANTKIN + TOYKIN ^_^

Report Reply

Reply by Eve the Homicidal Maniac

posted

i identify with/recognize myself in aliens idk. theyre relatable

Report Reply

Reply by AUR1TU !!

posted

hi hi !! i am black tailed jack rabbit therian 

Report Reply

Reply by zepar

posted

fictionkin and dragonkin. dragonkin as been an 'as far back as i can remember' thing and fictionkin also not new, but not entirely sure when i realized i was aligned with it.

Report Reply

Reply by ( >。∂ )⠀ frog ₒᵣ ether

posted

i'm angelkin :3cc
questioning cat therian as well

Report Reply

Reply by Richie 🌟

posted

Dragonkin and Alienkin here ! :D

Report Reply

Reply by Hiilu

posted

sparkledog, normal dog, probably coyote and some kinda fairy thing ^_^

Report Reply

Reply by Garfeild

posted
updated

Hey Im Garfield and im a polymorph! I also heavily resonate with angels and aliens.

Report Reply

Reply by [REDACTED]

posted
updated

Yep I'm fictionkin! I'm [REDACTED] from Trivia Murder Party 1/2 ^^

Report Reply

Reply by Pöykäri

posted

im not an otherkin but this subject kind of interested me and i just want to ask do otherkins really believe theyre not humane or is it just a mindset like you said if i understood correctly that you kind of feel like and identify with them so much that you actually think your the creature or whatever your having strong connections with

Report Reply

Reply by zomb0yy

posted

im otherkin and i have my kins on my blog :3

Report Reply

Reply by Lunaharu

posted

Im not an Otherkin but i am a Therian, im so happy theres a community on here :3 

Report Reply

Reply by PLANTS IN PANTS OFFICIAL

posted
updated

BOO!! IM A SHAPESHIFTER >:D IM QUESTIONING CAT THERIAN >o<  Its nice to see other alterhumans on here !!! 

Report Reply

Reply by Gosza

posted

I'm an alterhuman <3!
I'm angelkin, catkin and ink sanskin

Report Reply

Reply by Ren✧

posted

Hello! I'm a polykin Otherkin :3

My Kintypes are: Ghostkin, Batkin, Monsterkin and fictionkin (combined together as one), as well as two other kintypes of species that don't have a known species name in this dimension.

I named one of the species Callidu's , and the other I named Seorsu's. (DISCLAIMER: These aren't the actual species names for either of the two , its just the names I gave them to make it easier for me to talk about them without having to say "this creature"  "this being" too often) . Both of the names are based off of latin words.

Report Reply

Reply by CrowBirdyy

posted

Hi!! I am Otherkin/Therian/Alterhuman/Alterbeing (A mess lol)

I am:
Crowkin
Alienkin
Werewolfkin/Wolfkin

Possibly: Spacekin/voidkin

Anywayss I am 20 yrs old and I like blabbing about being a creature online and doing art stuffs, feel free to add me if you ever wanna talk about Otherkin stuff with someone!! This goes for any otherkin under this forum. 

Report Reply