« Religion and Philosophy Forum

Any other Otherkin here?

Hi there, yea I am an otherkin! Lots more people these days identify as Fictionkin (identifying with a fictional character to the point you feel like you are or were them, this is just the definiton to me.). I myself am a Elfkin that is a descendent of a dragon so i look more elf than dragon.

As I am a spiritual person and I practice magic I like to label myself as a witch, I know not everyone uses that term for themselves but I use for me, it is pretty gender neutral. So far through readings and following my gut I've been able to find my kintypes. I'm not so great at meditation just yet though.

I am a Lokean by the way, a follower of Loki!

Report Topic

10 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by zamiel

posted

omg hello! I'm a vampire :] It's neat to see fellow otherkin! Actually, I'm an alterhuman so a teeny bit different but still under the umbrella term!

Report Reply

Reply by HornetSwarm

posted

What's an Otherkin? Is it like D&D?

Report Reply

Reply by Rem Rex MintRainbow

posted

Otherkin is not like D&D, it's not a game really. I wanted to reply now but as I am working on college assignments I've been busy lol. Sorry for my lateness! 

It's a soul thing for me, not everyone I've seen takes it seriously really. I take it seriously since I'm on the spiritual side of it as I am a witch and it's part of me. I really prefer calling myself alterhuman since I learned that was another term for it, but for now this is all I can say for explaining it. It's kinda complicated to explain on a time crunch but here's a website with some info called Alt+H that might help explain it better. I can't find where the FAQ was on there but it has the definition of alterhuman on there. I'm still learning about the alterhuman term myself, but as for feeling non-human, that is a for sure thing for me.

https://alt-h.net/

https://forums.therian-guide.com/Thread-Therian-Otherkin-Terms#:~:text=Otherkin%3A%20A%20person%20that%20identifies,for%20otherkin%2C%20therians%20and%20fictiokin.

The second link is to a list of terms and stuff! Hope this helps. ^w^

Report Reply

Reply by Rem Rex MintRainbow

posted

Hey Zamiel! I read your bio, you're really cool ^-^! I'm also 20 and a transman actually :D! I'm an Eclectice Norse Pagan myself tho o3o.

Report Reply

I'm not officially an Otherkin but I came to peace with my pointy ears by deciding I was descended from Gelflings. And I am drawn to Elfin fictional characters in general, so I can relate to this way of being. For me it's more of grown-up fantasy play in my mind, creative thinking. A way to enjoy many worlds. And as a wise Wizard once said,  "of course it's happening in your head, but why on earth should that mean it isn't real?"  Good to meet ya. 

Report Reply

Reply by ✧ Ꭾσƈӄɛȶ

posted

Not sure exactly what this is, but I really identify with fairies.

Report Reply

Reply by Ghost

posted

Reply by Nomad

posted

Is this the first step to becoming a furry?

Report Reply

Reply by Hatch

posted

@Nomad Furries are a different group lmao, though lots are both

I'm otherkin. The non-fiction bits include dragonkin, and some Vague identification as Vampire. 

Report Reply

Reply by MythicWolf99

posted

Wolfkin here. Awooo!

Report Reply