« Back to the The Rawring 20s! (2000s Emo/Scene) Forum

A Cure to Poison the World (The Requiem)

The Requiem's (formerly known as L'Exquisite Douleur) debut album is finally here!! ive already listened to it twice thru,, each song rlly has a different feel and i loved when they brought out the acoustic guitars on some of them. once again i think the non-singles are better than the ones that get vids and turn into promos.

so far i think my favorite is The Difference Between You & Me is I Get the Last Laugh, which is a ridiculous title for a song and i love it lmao. it wouldnt be an emo album without paragraph long song titles.

my least favorite has to be Kill The Lights. the instrumental is fine but i dont rlly like the lyrics, i feel like it's a bit too misanthropic for me. were all worried about the environment but something about calling humans parasites rubs me the wrong way...

a lil disappointed that Vanity (Dies With A Mirror In Her Coffin) didn't show up in the full album, it might be my favorite thing ive heard from L'ex/The Requiem so far. u can still find it on youtube tho

u can listen to the album on Youtube, Spotify, and Bandcamp. i def recommend and wanna hear ur thoughts 2!! this band deserves more attention

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by PanzaFax

posted

YES! I'm so glad someone is talking about them. I was sad when they disappeared and many of their old songs got lost. My favorite of theirs has gotta be i'll be late for my funeral. My sister and I listen to that song non stop. I hope they'll re release their old music. When/How did you discover L'exquisite Douluer?

Report Reply

Reply by Sunshyne60

posted

i cant remember what the website was called but it was a site with lists of tons of new releases and i just happened across them there, and im so glad i did! late for my funeral was my favorite one too b4 the album came out

also, u can find quite a bit of their old stuff on youtube still. this channel has a few of them. Here's Corpse Party.

Report Reply