« Romance and Relationships Forum

How to tell if on the acespec??

Honestly as past as I can think of, crushes have never really come naturally to me. It’s always been me telling myself that I have a crush on this person, and then it gets to a point where it all just feels a little bit artificial. Does this sound ace in any capacity??

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Gluma

posted

I mean, if you yourself have admitted that crushes don’t come naturally to you and that the crushes you tell yourself to have feel artificial, I feel like that answers your question, haha. I’m no expert and my experiences don’t speak for all, but I call myself ace precisely because I’ve never experienced a crush (from what people have told me; like feeling nervous around a person, blushing, wanting to do romantic/sexual things with them, etc.) and because I’ve never thought about how “hot” someone was or anything like that

Of course, if you don’t feel like you’re acespec for whatever reason, you’re not obligated to label yourself that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ literally the only reason I began labeling myself as ace was because I was sick of some people asking me about my opinions on dating and/or someone’s attractiveness and apparently “I don’t think about stuff like that” is not a good enough answer for them. Outside of those people, I just like to say “I don’t really like anyone like that” in response to sexuality stuff since I think that exactly describes me

Report Reply

Reply by Beanie

posted

Hi! I'm on the aro/ace spectrum and that definitely sounds like you are too! Even if you do have a little attraction you can still be on the ace spectrum such as being demi or aego which is attraction only under certain and specific conditions. Hope you figure out who you are :3

Report Reply