« Art and Photography Forum

artists! where do you post your works?

im curious what your go to platform is to post art nowadays? doesnt seem like theres a really stable platform anymore and im honestly not sure where to look for it myself

Report Topic

7 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by luke 🌻

posted

I post on both twitter and tumblr and I genuinely think tumblr's the best place right now, I like that there's no real algorithm and people continue to reblog art I've posted 5+ years ago! (a little embarrassing for me but something that'd never happen on other sites, everything's so fast nowdays!)

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by deploygirlfriend

posted

I mainly use Tumblr to post my art. I never understood why people preferred Twitter, the algorithm wasn't fit for me, and that platform's just getting stricter and stricter...

Tumblr is a great place though, ESPECIALLY if you post fanart. Post art, treat it like a blog, you'll eventually get a decent following of people. 

Plus, Tumblr doesn't put your follower count in your face, it's just kinda there... I always worry about managing my followers on other platforms. 

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Tabaki

posted

As depressing as it is to say, Instagram and Tumblr seem like the only options.

I used to post in Deviantart all the same, and it was where I had built my largest following, but not only the site has been overrun with AI slop, the place is mostly only populated with accounts selling AI image packs now, and less and less with artists.

Bluesky opened up to the public recently and I've been adding artists there, but it's hardly a great option as place for art. I also post on Artfol but it's not that amazing either since the userbase is very limited.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Gluma

posted

Just adding onto the Tumblr answers, since that’s the only place I post art on + where I exclusively look for fanart, too. Like what the first reply mentioned, unless you’re in, like, a really big/popular fandom, you’ll always get notifs on fanart stuff (it’s very funny sometimes because I made fanart on a character’s birthday at least two years ago and I still get notifs when their birthday date comes around LOL). I can’t say much for original art since I rarely do/post it, but I think that as long as you establish upfront that that’s the main thing you post, I don’t think you’ll be ignored (I follow accounts that do original art and occasionally sell their art and although they don’t have as much likes a fanart account would have, I’d say ~20 likes for daily posts + the occasional popular artwork is a good number)?

I used to post my art on Discord quite a bit but I did it mostly because I just loved the media the Discord was on lmao I also used it as a bit of practice for commissions (AKA I just did requests...unpaid :,)), which could be a viable option if you’re looking for something like that since the server I was on was pretty popular so there was always someone wanting something drawn + the artist friends I made on there recommended me other servers specifically for commissions. It’s a good site for making connections, I think :o TERRIBLE for just posting art, though :/

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Jinnicide

posted

On my own personal website, social media is a cancer.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by w1ms3r_rxt

posted

i've kindof stopped putting my art out there, i realize i didn't get much gratification from likes and i haven't reallly made any art i'd even want to post?? Whenever i do, i post it to instagram or twitter i suppose

I do still post all my animations to youtube though, i enjoy reading the comments and i'm glad people enjoy them. It may be a weirder platform but people do tend to comment more which is all i really need at the end of the day.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Thais Santos

posted

Well, I postly mostly on Tumblr and Intagram :-D

Permalink Report Reply