« Back to the Reclaiming the Internet Forum

Connectivity

I know that media helps connect people but at the same time its like, i dunno, its like its pulling people apart. I just want to talk to my mom but shes got her head buried in her phone. Its killing us as a species i think

Report Topic

7 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by XxLie_AbilityxX

posted

i noticed the same thing happening with ppl around me! it sucks, esp since i dont participate in social media or games on my phone. i cant help but feel a bit isolated.

Report Reply

Reply by XxLie_AbilityxX

posted

i noticed the same thing happening with ppl around me! it sucks, esp since i dont participate in social media or games on my phone. i cant help but feel a bit isolated.

Report Reply

Reply by Carboniferous

posted

The reality about social media is that it makes us more isolated XD

Report Reply

Reply by alily

posted

this is so real...it's like even when i hang out with people, more than half the time they are buried in their phone screen and it feels a bit saddening. i want to hang out face-to-face for a reason, and it seems like people are constantly afraid of missing out on the internet. pain </3

Report Reply

Reply by _x3m0_

posted

super agree, social media is an amazing tool for connecting us to people far away, but it doesn't really do anything good in the family, or those close to you, cause you can just go talk to them

its crazy cause if you think about it, before modern social media, people got way more excited to see their friends because they had more to catch up on. now with insta and tiktok and bereal, you constantly see what your friends are doing, so when you see them irl you dont even care, or its less interesting and less to talk about

thats why we should all quit modern social media LOL

Report Reply

Reply by Lucia

posted

man... yesterday after dinner, i was just sitting down and i realized both my parents were already on their phones, so i had to full-on start a "no technology" night and pull out a board game! it went alright, but it just feels weird how often i have to be the adult with my parents and do stuff like making dinner, organizing, taking care of the dogs, and limiting their phone usage. who even knows what'll happen to them after i move out...

Report Reply

Reply by Bordox500

posted

I feel this is more of a symptom of modern social media (tiktok, insta, ect) My parents actually started to put the news on the tv( they never used to do that) so at least this doesn't affect me :v

Report Reply