« Back to the Furries of SpaceHey Forum

What does being a furry mean to you?

Hi!

I've been interested in actually understanding the furry community, and I noticed that its definition is kind of ambiguous — unique to each person.

There are people who wear their fursuits as a form of escapism and comfort, as a form of expressing their inner selves (maybe repressed strengths and talents that only their fursona can bring to the surface), as an instrument of fetish or just for the fun of characterizing themselves.

I'm curious to know what being a furry means to you, for what reason your fursona exists and what do you think should or shouldn't be accepted in the community.

I'm now considering myself a furry and embracing this side of me, I'd say for all the reasons I said above, but I'm still trying to understand all of u.

Thanks!

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by toroyachi

posted

i think i'm just a furry because at this point it's kinda been cemented into me how cool the fandom can be at it's best. it has it's really really really really low points, but honestly, people here can be some of the most creative, funny, cool, and chill people out there.

Report Reply

Reply by Alien_k1d!

posted

It's fun for people to join something they see that's fun

Report Reply

Reply by This Is A Name :3

posted

i think if you want to be a furry, you can be. 

Report Reply

Reply by silly_geo :33

posted

for me i was inspired by my older brother hes been in the comunity sinse i can remeber, and i just really enjoy the art part of it, and being in the community and such, being on the nunjudgemental side

Report Reply