« Back to the █▶ We The Homestucks Are Taking Over Spa... Forum

Homestuck Questionnaire Sheet!

Get to know each other and introduce yourself with these questions! Tell us your Homestuck favourites or your dislikes, whateva you wanna answer! Feel free to edit this template in any way, whether it be leaving out questions or adding them. I just wanted to stir up the discussion pot :B

Who’s your favourite Dancestor?

- ♤ 

Who’s your favourite Troll?

♡ 

Who’s your favourite Beta kid?

♢ 

Who’s your favourite Alpha kid?

♧ 

How do you feel about the epilogues and Homestuck^2?

♤ 

What’s an unpopular HS opinion that you have?

♡ 

Do you have an favourite act or moment?

♢ 

Do you have a favourite ship/pairing? [Any Quadrant]

♧ 

Character[s] that you hate/dislike? 

♤ 

When/how did you get into Homestuck?

♡ 

Do you prefer Derse or Prospit?

♢ 

Extra info you wanna include! [Headcanons, info about you, anything relating to Homestuck that you wanna discuss]: 

♧ 

Have fun! 38D

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by M0r3l4

posted

- Damara megidoo 

- Aradia megido 

- ermmm not sure but probably rose/Dave

- Roxy:pp

- NOOOOOOO I hate epilogues, even tho I haven’t read them fully yet (and I’m not planning on). Idk much about Homestuck^2 but it doesn’t look cool either 

- Vriska and Eridan are LOSERS. Like, maybe it’s not that unpopular, but i see majority of the fandom just idolizing them and just idk. They’re both boring!!!!!! 

- i have many, but the only one I can think of rn, is when Kanaya tries Mothers Grub blood and just starts choking on in

Do you have a favourite ship/pairing?

- Vrisnaya (kismesis) and Davejade :pp

- Vriska, Eridan, Cronus, Rufioh

-  as I kid I used to ride around the city by bus, that looked like homestuck trolls (they were grey and the mirrors(¿?) were colored like horns) and like couple of years later while scrolling somewhere on the internet, I found fan art of Terezi, so I was like ‘oh yeah, Bus girl with my zodiac sign’ and idk I decided to read it lol

- derse!!!

Report Reply

Reply by M0r3l4

posted

- Damara megidoo 

- Aradia megido 

- ermmm not sure but probably rose/Dave

- Roxy:pp

- NOOOOOOO I hate epilogues, even tho I haven’t read them fully yet (and I’m not planning on). Idk much about Homestuck^2 but it doesn’t look cool either 

- Vriska and Eridan are LOSERS. Like, maybe it’s not that unpopular, but i see majority of the fandom just idolizing them and just idk. They’re both boring!!!!!! 

- i have many, but the only one I can think of rn, is when Kanaya tries Mothers Grub blood and just starts choking on in

Do you have a favourite ship/pairing?

- Vrisnaya (kismesis) and Davejade :pp

- Vriska, Eridan, Cronus, Rufioh

-  as I kid I used to ride around the city by bus, that looked like homestuck trolls (they were grey and the mirrors(¿?) were colored like horns) and like couple of years later while scrolling somewhere on the internet, I found fan art of Terezi, so I was like ‘oh yeah, Bus girl with my zodiac sign’ and idk I decided to read it lol

- derse!!!

Report Reply

Reply by G4LL0WSC4L1BR4T0R

posted

- the awesome.. Meanahh!!

- kanaya (the silly lesbian) and terezi (the blind gal)

- i dont have a fav but ig john or jade

- roxy

- meh... i dont read it i feel weird about it-

- equius/feferi needs more song covers- and also vriska is cool :3

- act 5 and the moment (spoleirs) where kanaya cut eridan in half!!

- well no but if i had to - it would be rose X kanaya

- dirk..also sollux- and cronus

- by the silly animations and bc i thought it was very cool!!

- prospit

Extra info you wanna include! [Headcanons, info about you, anything relating to Homestuck that you wanna discuss]: 

- well a info about me-: sometimes i like to talk in terezi quirk and a headcanon is... nepeta used to watch those gacha life mini movies...

Report Reply

Reply by G4LL0WSC4L1BR4T0R

posted

- the awesome.. Meanahh!!

- kanaya (the silly lesbian) and terezi (the blind gal)

- i dont have a fav but ig john or jade

- roxy

- meh... i dont read it i feel weird about it-

- equius/feferi needs more song covers- and also vriska is cool :3

- act 5 and the moment (spoleirs) where kanaya cut eridan in half!!

- well no but if i had to - it would be rose X kanaya

- dirk..also sollux- and cronus

- by the silly animations and bc i thought it was very cool!!

- prospit

- well a info about me-: sometimes i like to talk in terezi quirk and a headcanon is... nepeta used to watch those gacha life mini movies...

Report Reply

Reply by Shepherd

posted

probably porrim. the dancestors never held my attention that strongly (we just didnt see enough of them for me to get invested), but porrim seemed to have a lot of conflict internally, among her peers, and with her place in society that i would have liked to hear a little more about or see some development with, yaknow?

sollux or terezi. 

sollux because on one hand hes an asshole who doesn't care about most of the people he's technically in a friendgroup with. he's withdrawn and actively uninterested in having any sort of role in the story he's a part of. its rare to see a character who's like "yeah i would rather remove myself from the narrative entirely and spend the next x years doing fuck all whatever i want off camera" and then actually does it and that's just what victory looks like for them.

on the other hand sollux cares extremely deeply about the like, 4(?) people he actually deems actually friendship worthy and always somehow comes in clutch with a solution any time any of them find themselves in trouble. he seemed kinda miserable on the meteor but still humored kanaya and got to know fereri better an almost died with hung out with karkat. he's also an essential part of multiple major plotpoints. sollux coded sgrub. his mobius double reach around virus created the human's universe. his psionics pushed the meteor. the entire story of homestuck would not have happened without sollux. he doesnt get any recognition from the story for any of this and he doesnt seem to really want any. idk he feels less like a character and more like just some dude. i like that.

terezi's a bit more simple. i love a girl whos whip smart and silly and unabashedly weird. i think she should be able to do whatever she wants forever and ever, and i will be cheering her on the entire time. everything terezi has ever done has gotten a "fuck yeah we love to see it" from me. terezi walks into the room and i start cheering. when i was 13 and first reading homestuck i related the most to dave, but looking back i was way more of a terezi.

my original favorite back in like 2014 was rose, then it was dave for the longest time, but more recently ive been on a john kick. i really specifically like thinking about what his character is during downtime when theres not a world to save or problems to poke at with a stick. him walking around his house before the game starts. him sitting on the couch for 3 years with jade, nana, and davesprite, him post-game stuck in the same-but-different house he was in before everything started... him after everyone else has moved on, but in some way shape or form the very first character we are introduced to will always be that young man standing alone in his bedroom.

idk like a month ago i discovered mr tambourine man and while i was reading it a bo burnham song came up on my roommates tik tok feed which made me think of this lyricstuck and the combo did something weird to my brain. im an egbert fan now i guess?

Dirk Strider. he was cool but just kinda ok when i first read homestuck back in middleschool. rereading it back in college he became one of my favorite characters, and after the epilogues/so far in hs^2 he's somehow become even more so.

i really respected him in the og comic for the tightrope he walked being an active destruction classpect but being so cautious and gentle to others whenever he could. it was obvious how deeply he cared for his friends, and how that love fueled him to always try to "destroy using heart" rather than "destroy heart itself" (although he didn't always succeed, he always tried). all his urges to destroy heart he turned inward, and i found his constant state of self destruction somewhat pitiable and deeply fascinating to watch.

i had the epilogues spoiled for me, and going into them i didnt think i would like supervillain dirk nearly as much as i do. i find him extremely frustrating, and i hate what he does sometimes, but even with the extent that he's lost himself in his own character all of the parts that made him him are still there. since the epilogues/hs^2 are both narrated by him i have SO MUCH to work with when it comes to analyzing his character. its honestly kinda overwhelming but it means i still havent run out of connections to make.

theyre fine. i dont really consider them canon, but theyre fun to read and i use them as an analysis resource for game mechanic/worldbuilding themes sometimes. theyre on par with my favorite mspfa projects, but out of all the dubiously canon hs projects theyre both near the bottom. they arent nostalgic like paradox space is, im way more excited for hiveswap/hauntswitch, and i find friendsim/pesterquest more fun.

my favorite parts are the character interactions (the terezi&dirk interactions and the john&sollux interaction that just happened are some of my favorites) . and i will say they cemented dirk as one of my favorite characters. so that's been cool

oof ok.

i find the roxy lalonde ftm concept kinda mid

im not hardcore against it, but i had already been headcanoning roxy as transfem for a couple years beforehand, and i think adds depth to so so so many aspects of her character. everything from mom lalonde's "housewife routine" feeling staged/rehearsed/performative/overly-intentional to rose while growing up, to the tragedy of her and dirk being literally the last two people on earth and him caring about her deeply but not reciprocating her feelings because hes not into girls, to roxy idolizing her mom and wanting to be just like her, etc. it all just gets juicier as inter-character dynamics if you bring her being transfem into the equation. plus she was to transfem friends of mine what dave was to transmasc teens on tumblr circa ~2014, iykwim, so it feels a little personal even when its really not.

i did kinda vibe with agender roxy for the 2 seconds it was a thing in the epilogues. it made sense with the theme combo of void's whole "its just what i do" thing + societal roles dying with earth A and B + the players transcending humanhood and literally being gods now meaning roxy no longer felt like they had to be/do anything identity-wise. it changed my headcanon from mtf she/her roxy to mtf they/she roxy. i just didnt really vibe with ftm he/him roxy. its led to a couple cute moments in hs^2 so far, but overall hasn't really been my cup of tea ¯\_(¬_¬)_/¯

other trans headcannons i have are solluxander ftm and vriska mtf (both mostly due to pesterquest)

not really. i like homestuck for it's worldbuilding and arcs. moments out of context can be funny, but i like the way moments bleed into each other more

hear me out: dirkjohn

i dont care what quadrant, if its just a strong friendship, or if theres some shenanigans and they get fused together into a sprite or something, but they need each other in their lives. ESPECIALLY post-game. theyre both "hero types" (in dave's words) but from two completely different angles. if theres not a world to save they get bored, antsy, and depressed. they can keep each other engaged and balance each other out.

john is more passive. when there's not a world to save he sits in his house zoomed so far out and so completely unteathered from the outside world that he lets the years slip by. as soon as somebody walks up and interacts with him he's back in action and living life (until the problems solved, at which point hes back to nothing). dirk is almost too active. he's micromanaged every possible variable until he& his friends got their happy ending, now the only possible problem left for his friends is himself. if they had each other dirk would keep john engaged and john would give dirk an ongoing thing to fixate on, loosening up and freeing up the rest of his relationships. kinda like dirkjake did except john has a backbone and would call dirk out on things instead of avoiding confrontation and letting problems fester like jake did (no hate to jake. i actually like him as a character). john is the dog in the dirk cheetah enclosure for mental health reasons, except the dog has just as many problems.

this is of course, heavily influenced by the parallels between them in homestuck^2, which i can go on about for ages but this post is getting way too long already. read this post on tumblr i made about a roommate au. then look at this analysis, this hs^2 anaysis, this analysis, and even more here

plus these for flavor: x, xx, x, x, x, x, x, x, x

Caliborn. idk i like other characters with bad personalities but i didnt see anything in him worth engaging with, he just sucked.

somebody sent my older cousin this video when i was 13(?) and i watched it over his shoulder, memorized the name/channel, snuck off to my other cousins bedroom to use his computer while he was out, watched the video like 3 more times, read the comments to find out it was from a webcomic, and started reading

prospit? ive never really thought about it, but prospit seems friendlier, there are magic clouds, and you dont have to listen to the horrorterrors (plus im a prospit dreamer) so it seems like an easy choice?

im a mage of hope with caprinius as my extended zodiac sign. i swear im not usually this...whatever im coming across like its just 4 am and i can't sleep lol

my headcanons are somewhat fluid and multiple conflicting ones can exist at once if theyre all cool. i love analysis with a personal interest in classpecting. my brain is kinda soup rn but please come talk to me i promise im friendly lol

Report Reply