« General Forum

Guilty Pleasures Confessional Booth

Posted by Freakish Uproar

posted

Forum: General

It's been enough time, we've all sat on our profiles trying to remember how the HTML the living daylights out of profile pages, trying to tell everyone how cool and interesting we are. 

What things do you love in secret?
Things that you perhaps know you shouldn't adore, but can't help yourself anyway.
Things you wouldn't normally admit in a public forum.
Here are a few of my own guilty pleasures.

• I enjoy terrible Lovecraftian pastiche more than I do "better" literature inspired by the work of H.P. Lovecraft. The more it tries to uncritically shovel in unpronounceable elder god names and faux-gothic adjectives affixed to every sentence in order to ham-fistedly approximate the late authors writing, the better.
  • I unironically love and crave the song Happy Generation by Critical Mass.
  • I personally believe that British television peaked with Last of the Summer Wine, and that everything has gone downhill ever since.
  • Most controversial of all perhaps; I love ham and pineapple pizza.

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Jim

posted

I just got sirius XM radio for Christmas and have listened to 70's on 7 the most.  

I've become mildly obsessed with Casey Kasem's American Top 40 Countdown.

Report Reply

Reply by VapeGeoff

posted

Nissin Top Ramen Noodles

Report Reply

Reply by not_lain

posted

• being a weeb. treated as an outcast all my life but being a weeb, funnily enough, made it possible for me to meet friends as a teen/young adult. if not for having interest in anime/manga and video games, i cant imagine what interest/hobbies id be having. probably more productive than these lmao
  • raunchy sex teen movies from the early 2000s. requires no brain to watch. takes my mind off everything in life honestly whenever i watch them no matter how stupid they can be. i relish on the stupid fun of these movies. my favorite to rewatch is Eurotrip
  • listening to boybands/girlbands. i dont listen to them usually and i have a set of music genres i solely listen to in everyday life. but probably for nostalgia's sake, id be listening to old and new boyband/girlband songs (specially from Backstreet Boys) and that includes kpop and jpop while singing and dancing. preferably alone cuz i dont like showing that side of me lol

Report Reply

Reply by Bbgurl_lissa

posted

I love carol channing version of Through the Looking Glass. 

Lissa

Report Reply

Reply by ♠ 𝕷𝖔𝖌𝖆𝖓 ♠

posted

Campy horror movies

Report Reply

Reply by H I M E

posted

Bad horror movies! I am infinitely more interested in watching a campy, low-brow slasher fic than I am a well-crafted, box office horror movie.

Report Reply