« Music Forum

What's your parent's music tastes like compared to yours?

Posted by Creature

posted

Forum: Music

A lot of people say that their parents were into old rock bands or love ballad singers and stuff like that but since my parents were in Latin America until the 2000s they don't really listen to that. I guess the closest thing to it is my dad Andres Calamaro, Mana, and Attaque 77.

Both my parents mostly listen to Latin American folk music and ballads, sometimes from other countries but mostly Bolivian. Compared to that I like metal, goth, industrial, but I do like my parents' music as well as country, jazz, and some rap. I try to listen to those genres from Latin musicians so I can get used to Spanish more.

It'd be interesting to see what kinds of music other people's parents grew up on and how it differs from their kids so yeah

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by MzBipolarX

posted

I don't really know much about my parents music taste. all I know is that they grew up with cumbia and mariachi. My dad also likes country and blue grass ever since he moved to the US. My mom stuck with latin music since she really likes that stuff(My mom also really liked Jenni Rivera, but she hasn't listened to her in years)

I on the other hand listen to rock, hardcore, screamo, pop punk, etc. My music taste is honestly pretty different from my parents. My dad doesn't really like it when I play speedcore since it scares him LOL.

Report Reply

Reply by XxDiA☆DI3DxX

posted

My parents like rock music! I grew up listening to bands like blink 182, green day, skillet, arctic monkeys, evanesence, etc. 

I'm into lots of genres of rock music, mainly metalcore. My parents like it too though our tastes are a little different. My moms favorite band is In This Moment!!! and my dads favorite is Korn. my brother also listens to rock and metal... he got me hooked on the foo fighters in elementary school. It's awesome being able to bond with them over music and im really grateful :) especially because they introduced me to a lot of the bands I like. I go to concerts with them toooo. My dad took me to a korn concert with him for his birthday, and my mom went to BVB and In This Moment with me. 

Report Reply

Reply by damien ☆ μ's

posted

its like the same but different?!? me and both my parents love artists like, linkin park, system of a down, gorillaz, beastie boys, rage against the machine, nirvana, the killers, radiohead, the cure, death cab for cutie, they might be giants and more general indie/rock/metal music. but i feel like i am definitely into more experimental sounds an artists like talkshow boy, bo en, dorian electra, 100 gecs, kero kero bonito, msi and ofc im a weeb so i also listen to japanese artists like BABYMETAL, AKB48, angela, perfume, kyary pamyu pamyu and more. but i will honestly listen to anything as long as its good enough so i listen to a little bit of everything.

Report Reply