« Back to the Reclaiming the Internet Forum

Useful Browser Addons/Extensions

These are some useful browser addons and extensions you should definitely check out! If you have any other useful ones that I haven't listed, please feel free to share! Also, the addons I listed in my last YouTube topic apply here as well.

Bypass Paywalls Clean

This addon lets you bypass the paywalls of many online sites, like the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Encyclopedia Britannica, etc.

Ruffle - Flash Emulator

A useful tool, especially on old websites, since Flash support got dropped from many browsers around 2019-2020. This addon emulates Flash, letting you play Flash games, watch Flash videos, etc.

Dark Reader

Enables dark mode on all websites.

The Wayback Machine Internet Extension

This extension allows you to quickly and easily save a website for future reference on the Wayback Machine. This can help immensely in archiving the internet.

Worldwide Radio

OK, so this one is not exactly that useful, but it is pretty neat to hear radio stations from the other side of the world!

Again, feel free to post other useful extensions that I (undoubtedly) missed while making this.

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Virtual Insanity

posted
updated

Some I use or have used, I'm sure you can figure out what they're for from their names:

uBlock Origin
Privacy Badger
Duplicate Tab Closer

I want to try out NoScript at some point, it blocks Java except on sites you explicitly allow it on, as least that's my understanding of what it does.  Could be handy since most browser vulnerabilities seem to stem from JS.

Report Reply

Reply by Majoris

posted

imagus - previews images you hover over on at a larger size
useful for when you don't want to go through redirects just to read the text on a tiny photo

Report Reply

Reply by gutsfordinner

posted

ublock origin, and lastpass

Report Reply