« Web, HTML, Tech Forum

alt to neocities?

not sure if this is the right place but i need a alt to neocities that has:

web based file manager

bulit in html/css editor

and that's it. No drag and drop at all ty. I can't use github pgs, or anything too fancy, since this is for a school project and we are forced to use chromebooks which are heavily monitored (and incredibly shitty) (these sites are blocked: neocities, fc2, spacehey, tumblr, (+ some others but they aren't important rn)). I am sharing these to my classmates as well so...

I am posting this on my personal pc...

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Osakafan420

posted

also free as well btw

Report Reply

Reply by Truxiferous

posted

I’m probably way too late considering this is a month old, so if you’ve already done it let me know how it went

But is there/would there have been an issue with writing the code in something as simple as notepad, saving that as a .html file, and submitting the files through something like Dropbox or google drive so that the teacher could preview it? (Never really did any coding for school, but I remember when I was quite young making shoddy mock websites in notepad on windows desktop using notepad lol)

If it had to be a public website that sucks with the heavily monitored chromebooks, but I remember hearing google sites is decent for school projects that have to be available for the public, and I know they’re not blocked cause that’s how a lot of kids get around school wifi blocks to play flash games haha

Report Reply

Reply by Osakafan420

posted

@Truxiferous

i just used w3schools lol personally i kinda hate the code editor its wayyyy more janky (and really like... cluttered up. also ads.) than neocities.

google sites were the first option we were given and i just didn't want to work on it since it felt so... limiting imo

but either way w3schools moreso allowed me to complete my site from scratch (html/css) and was not blocked! so theres that

Report Reply