« Automotive Forum

WHY DO PPL SUCK AT DRIVING ?

Posted by ricky tokyo

posted

Forum: Automotive

ITS GETTING SO MUCH WORSE, DMVS ARE GETTING TOO LAX AND JUST GIVE OUT LICENSES TO ANYONE. NO ONE EVER USES BLINKERS, PEOPLE ARE UNAWARE HOW LANES WORK, AND JUST IN GENERAL IT IS MUCH MORE DANGEROUS TO DRIVE! UNLESS YOU LIVE IN A SMALL TOWN OR SOMETHING, I LIVE IN A GIANT CITY! AND ITS AWFUL! THOUGHTS!? COMMENTS!? CONCERNS!? ANYBODY!?

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Harr

posted

My grandfather told me this when I got my first car: “Most people who drive, don’t know how to drive.” Honestly we just know how to operate a vehicle rather than interact with traffic.

Report Reply

Reply by Maximoto

posted

Most people are so used to dissociating unless they have a constant stream of serotonin that when they get into a car and have to actually keep hands on the wheel and eyes on the road, they just grey out until they reach their destination. Pair that with the individualism epidemic and "NPC" mindset, they literally don't pay attention or really see other cars as anything other than water fling downstream as they float along through it in traffic. People don't consider that other cars/drivers are whole people with whole lives who are also trying to get from A to B and just tune them out. Coupled also with the way that people's reflexes and coordination just aren't as fast/sharp anymore thanks to sedentary lifestyles. Toxic and deadly combination.

Report Reply

Reply by Jinnicide

posted

This has been an issue for a long time, I remember my driving test being an absolute joke; they should NOT have given me a license! (and they shouldn't be giving them out to most other people either lol)

Report Reply

Reply by Duck

posted

Driving is just a mutual agreement between everyone on the road not to play bumpercars

Report Reply