« Back to the POST PUNK Forum

Favourite post-punk bands?

hi! since there's no forums here, i decided to post one.

honestly i don't heavily listen to any post-punk bands so my knowledge is a bit limited. i'm not good with genres either so i just looked up a list of post-punk bands - if there's any on here that you don't consider post-punk (honestly some of them feel more new wave to me, but i'm adding them anyway), let me know! 

some of my favourites are joy division, siouxsie and the banshees, the cure, talking heads, and new order.

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Nigu

posted

im more into the newer postpunk abnds so i can give you a few recoms on that front! interpol is a classic, but im thinking more about bands like protomartyr, preoccupations and uhh squid! very cool bands, maybe it takes some time to get into their stuff but its prety rewarding :3

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Inactive :(

posted

i've listened to "turn on the bright lights" by interpol, i didn't know they were considered post-punk. i'll check out the others, though! thanks :)

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Dog Tooth

posted

A great post punk band that is still active is Preoccupations! These canadian guys sure know how to rock and are the chillest people I have ever met!!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by noah

posted

gary numan is insanely underrated (more new wave though)

Permalink Report Reply