« Back to the Hiking Life Forum

Describe your Epic Day Hike

Greetings FB and IG refugees!   Here is a new space dedicated to the celebration of great hikes on this planet, without corporate feeds,  algorithms,  advertising or manipulation.    You are not a product but rather a curious homo sapien with an earnest desire to explore, share and learn from each other.  

Here is our first forum topic:  Describe an Epic Day Hike.   Where was it?  How far did you walk?  What did you see?  What was the terrain like?   Put us in that place so we can enjoy it one day.    Looking forward to hearing from you!

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by Kenzie

posted

In 2018 I did the Lakes Hike at Sequoia NP. We did Moro Rock and General Sherman earlier that day, so we never made it to Pear Lake on the Lakes Trail because it was getting too late. We did see Heather Lake and Emerald Lake- which was super beautiful. I would love to do that hike as an overnight backpacking trip one day. On the way back down the sun was starting to set and get darker, but we made it to the car and had dinner at one of the park restaurants before driving back home. On any normal day, the pizza we had would have been on the low quality end of things- but after the day of hiking, it was probably the best pizza I've ever had.

Report Reply