« Jobs, Work, Careers Forum

Can you Work 100% online?

With what's going on in the World right now.

How important is it to you (your family & friends) to be able to work a job completely online?

Report Topic

16 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by EngiQu33ring

posted

I've been working completely online for a year and a half now and I prefer it this way. I'm honestly dreading having to go in-person at some point. Why would I want to have to wake up an hour earlier and put on my least-comfortable clothes to do the same thing I could do with an hour of extra sleep in my slippers?

Like I get that there IS value in going in-person sometimes, but every day? Absolutely not, especially when a significant portion of in-office time is spent pretending to be busy when there isn't anything pressing happening.

Report Reply

Reply by James Courier

posted

Been work from home for almost 2 years now. I could never go back to a normal office job knowing the freedom of working in my underwear 2 states away from where my desk was. Company loves it too since they don't have to pay the infrastructure costs for a giant building for all of us to fit in. If for some reason they forced us to go back, I'd find another job that was work from home, but thankfully that's not going to happen now that we've got so many people out of state and producing even more than when we were in the office.

Report Reply

Reply by Lief Erikson

posted

it is impossible for me as a Carpenter/Craftsman I have to go to the workshop/customer to do my work. So 404 Homeoffice not found  :D

Report Reply

Reply by Maureen Martins

posted

Can someone get a legitimate job on-line? Cos I have tried and haven't gotten any.

Report Reply

Reply by 𝔥𝔢𝔵𝔤𝔦𝔯𝔩

posted

If I could work 100% remotely for the rest of my life, I would. As someone with ADHD I work better in an environment I control. Now when planning where me and my partner live we only have to plan for one persons commute. I am more productive. 

It’s a dream 

Report Reply

Reply by Jennifer Detar

posted

The company I work for did it for two years. Thousands of people did it successfully and more productively. However, everyone came back May 2022, and it hasn’t been the same. Now we’re fighting for a telework or hybrid model.

Report Reply

Reply by skurt

posted

i live in a 1992 ford econoline and make music on a banjo that i crafted out of milk cartons.

Report Reply

Reply by Louise

posted

Reply by liz violet

posted

if it already something very online, like social media marketing or online shop writing, yea. but otherwise, at least make it hybrid so i can dip out monday and friday

Report Reply

Reply by Nikola

posted

I've been doing it for a long time, even before the pandemic, and it does have its perks. But the perks can often spoil.

Don't have to get up early for the commute? Start sleeping in more and more until you're starting work two hours late (totally possible if there's no time tracking).

You can do your chores in the middle of the day but then there's no clear separation between work and not-work.

And in terms of work itself, there are some times when I really wished I could be physically present with my coworkers. I've had endless Slack and email threads over what in an office would have been a two minute chat.

Report Reply

Reply by Amber Bell

posted

Would be perfect. I work at a cotton mill as a Spinner and for the past 2 to 3 years it's been going downhill. less hours. weeks with no work which means less of a paycheck to no paycheck at all. I'm struggling and not to mention I work 3RD while everyone else i know works 1st shift jobs...  I would LOVE to work at home but seems impossible to find a job that allow me ro do that!

Report Reply

Reply by goodguyjustin

posted

I've been working an overnight warehouse job for years and hated it. I found a job through searching work-from-home subreddits. I ended up finding a job that does Search Quality Ratings, and is very flexible. You can work up to 40 hours per week, but are only required to work at least 10 hours each week. You can log in whenever you want, and there's no real monitoring while on the clock. I tend to just log on for 5-8 hours a day and practice guitar while working :)

Report Reply

Reply by mahii52

posted

Nos últimos anos, testemunhamos um rápido avanço na tecnologia móvel, com dispositivos cada vez mais poderosos e recursos inovadores. Um dos elementos-chave dessa get scarlet ios evolução é o desenvolvimento de navegadores da web para dispositivos iOS, e entre esses, destaca-se o Scarlet iOS, uma verdadeira revolução na experiência de navegação móvel.

Report Reply

Reply by Cheapsmmpanel07

posted

Businesses and individuals wishing to maximize their social media marketing efforts without going over budget might find an inexpensive answer with a https://smmpakpanel.com/ A wide range of services are offered by these panels with the goal of improving online visibility, interacting with audiences, and stimulating growth on different social media platforms. Cheap SMM panels simplify the process of efficient social media marketing by handling several accounts, scheduling posts, evaluating performance indicators, and putting targeted advertising campaigns into action. 

Report Reply

Reply by (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Mary ♥

posted

i wish i had an online job. if anyone knows how i can apply to an online job LMK PLEASE 

Report Reply

Reply by vefstofan

posted

Call Top Family court Attorneys Legal aid services in India. Are you in a blank state? Do you need legal aid? Many people will not know that they need it.Divorce lawyers Chennai Divorce lawyers Chennai

Report Reply