« Books and Stories Forum

The ballad of songbirds and snakes

who has read it? I liked some of it but was disappointed

Report Topic

7 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by K1slayer

posted

I read it right when it came out and finished it in one day and I liked it a lot! I think Coralianus character was very well written and until the end I was so conflicted whether or not I could empathise with him in any way, what didn’t you like about the book ?

Report Reply

Reply by Stephanie

posted

I didnt like that we didnt get anyone elses point of view even though it was written in third person. we never learn more about panems history. we could have seen a different district. 

Report Reply

Reply by resistprick

posted

What didn't you enjoy about the book? I found myself on the fence regarding whether or not I should feel any sympathy for the main character, super mario bros,Coralianus, until the very end.

Report Reply

Reply by Spartacus?

posted

It was ok, I like snow as a character on a personal level and I feel like the book was fine on its own but was a missed opportunity in the context of what it really is. It feels like it would be better off as a one off of a random fictional dictator.

Report Reply

i was so excited for this book & bought it when it was released. 

i slogged through the first half because i found it boring and painful to read and it just sat on my shelf for 3 months until i picked it up again. i was surprised at how interesting the 2nd-half was! i finished it in a couple of days and really enjoyed it. a bummer about the 1st-half though :/

Report Reply

Reply by Rockymente123

posted

I read it as soon as it was released and finished it in a single day. I really like it! What about the book didn't you like? I thought Coralianus' character was extremely well developed, and up until the very end I was torn about whether or not I could relate to him in any way.

click here

Report Reply

Reply by newman

posted

One way to stay up-to-date on the latest news(تازہ ترین خبریں) without being overwhelmed is to follow a few reputable news sources. These sources will typically publish news articles that have been fact-checked and edited. It is also important to be aware of your own biases and to seek out news sources that provide a variety of perspectives.

Report Reply