« Music Forum

Let's Build Some Bridges That Last Past Our Life Times.......

Let's Network & Build Up The Music Community On Here..... I Remember Myspace Had A Huge Music Following & It Was Artist Friendly & The Gave Underground Artists A Chance Especially. From Different Regions At That Time & With No Friend Limits You Could Keep Building A Following/Connections & The Friend Request Search Engine You Could Choose Where You Were Requesting Etc........ Hopefully This Site Does The Same Thing & Doesn't Become Like Facebook With 5000 Limits Etc. 

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Cashlin

posted

you know its interesting that you mention the limit of facebook. instagram is similar. i think in the slow paced world of hobbyists marketing themselves and looking for a non intrusive way to build a presence, following and building mutual following backlink networks is a natural pathway that isnt often talked about which all websites hold their different rules on to limit spam and robo spam. i think twitter has been sort of the best with this, although theyre a little weird at times too. but they let you build a mutual follower network, clear out the people who dont follow back after a while, and conceivably do that forever while you figure out the real work of how to speak to an audience, make posts that bring people in and effectively display the positive qualities of your work, etc. while facebook and insta limit you, presumably because they just want you to buy their ads. 

i also find that smaller websites and secondary traffic flow websites for certain fields like art, have big enough websites where the community is lively and its not on the edge of being a novelty site, but aren't big enough to be implementing algorithms and shit like that. deviantart is an example that i believe has a 5k limit. theyre a pretty big website but i dont think they have resources to design some in depth social media algorithm that encourages people to follow each other all day and like each others blogs or microblog posts and they don't really have the space to do that with their community, which is based around art posts. i also noticed bandlab has a limit like that too, and they similarly, are a website from a pretty significant company, they made the cakewalk daw right, but the site is all about the music uploads and collabs, not journal entries or blogs or press or marketing yourself or anything like that. so i dont blame them. 

this is actually an aspect that really intrigues me about spacehey. its characteristics and stats as a tool or player you select to use in the game of connecting with people can do different things and moves in its own way. every unique community has a different amount of traffic at different times, overall purpose and amount of how receptive the users may be to your material and content, and is at a different stage of limiting spam, encouraging you to not self promote by hustling and connecting via posts and actions or functions of the site, but to buy ads, allowing you to go endlessly but having an hourly limit like reverbnation, etc. 

i think this is actually part of why not all modern social media should be rejected. for data concerns like ok, yeah if youre going to boycott facebook over their manipulation and selling of data, im here for it. buy ultimately social media and bigger older websites have traffic and a clear direction of what the users like and want and everyone should use that to their advantage to connect their pages and sites to each other and emphasize the aspect of how the internet comes together like a city and is constantly changing and morphing and displaying new works in different ways.

i guess ultimately whats more important than any of that is, will spacehey imitate the exact capabilities that myspace had at any certain point in time? because that seems the most likely. or will new challenges arise that create different limitations or rules of conduct?  

Report Reply

Reply by DexterBarrett

posted

I hope through the community update the various people are getting to explore and boost their knowledge. Really wise ivory research review help here about different community platforms. Thumbs up and please do share more such recommending material always these are wise.

Report Reply